Childhood sweets

Rainbow drops or Daz drops I think they were called but not the white ones.
They were like an opiate to my fat little chops.
I used to even gamble my busfare away in the playground at odds and even penny spins to feed my half pound bag habit.

r26ryd.jpg

Rainbow drops or Daz drops I think they were called but not the white ones.
They were like an opiate to my fat little chops.
I used to even gamble my busfare away in the playground at odds and even penny spins to feed my half pound bag habit.

r26ryd.jpg
Very noble of you not to just rob them from Woolies

Not read all of this through, so poss some repeats...

Cherry Lips - there was a sweet shop next to my bus stop. I once bought four quarters (telling the sweet shop lady they were for my siblings) - then scoffed the lot on the way home.

Old english spangles - ohhhhh yes!

Sports mix. The real ones with the licourice, not the shitty bassetts version with the blackcurrant.

Chewing nuts - or whatever they were called, some kind of toffee/nut thing.

Bags of gold chewing gum

Small packet of jelly tots between three. We used to rip off one corner of the bag and take turns throwing a tennis ball at it. The ones that came out you had, then passed the ball to brother/sister.

King Kong ice lollies from the school tuck shop. Stick, toffee, banana ice cream, choc - I could go through several of these in a lunch break!

The saturday morning bag of revels from the little shop round the field (10p), though didn't like the orange or coconut ones.

I was slightly addicted to victory V's during my o levels - think they still had chloroform in them at that time.

Beech nut chewy - there was a sweet shop near school that had a machine on the wall with two stacks of these. For 2p (I think) you could open one drawer and get a pack. With the right technique you could then shut the drawer whilst opening the other one. Free chewy. Repeat until both stacks empty and run!

Home made treacle toffee and cinder toffee at bonfire night. Devine!

Lucky sweets from Pandit's near Maine Road. Now with the This! chaps we always take a lucky bag of fruit gums to the game. It's working!

This makes me sound like a right billy bunter!

the girls went for them ,real boys had blackjacks and they turned your tongue black

So did some of the girls!!!

Ha. Nice one. I just asked if anyone remembers these. Over the years I have asked people my age and no-one remembered them...I was beginning to think I imagined it. Thanks !

Used to love them.

Jaw breakers.
Gob stoppers, never worked on my sister though unfortunately.
Fry's chocolate cream.
Drum sticks.
Swizzel lollies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.