Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

40 pages is a lot to wade through, would anybody be kind enough to summarise the key/interesting points from this?

Points such as:

1. Is it a possibility that China's 13% doesn't give them any control over MCFC? I'm guessing their CFG director could potentially vote on business decisions regarding MCFC if it is addressed within CFG - but he is outnumbered by six others (ADUG) - footballing decisions within MCFC such as transfers all internal to immediate club hierarchy?
2. We need their connections to launch CFG in China (seeing huge growth and a big business interest/opportunity for our owners and their other interests as well), whilst they may simply have invested 13% with a view to cash in, in future - essentially a pay day for their help in growing CFG in China if we buy it back (or sell on to the next jackpot country via China's cooperation - e.g. India)?
3. Is it feasible that some of this £400m or so that they've invested could be used in someway by MCFC to buy Messi (which could help launch CFG in China, MCFC being a CFG club)? I'm guessing this £400m would trickle down to all CFG clubs and other activities however.

Any other key/interesting points? Besides we've probably got the best business brains in the footballing world?

City are at the forefront of a footballing revolution.

Football clubs haven't been run like businesses, and we've walked right through the gaping hole and embarrassed the lot of them.
Bang on the money, the old ways are about to vanish under a tide of sky-blue

I first said it in 2009, and have boringly repeated it every once in a while since ..

OUR OWNERS WILL.NOT.STOP UNTIL WE ARE THE BIGGEST SPORTING BRAND IN THE WORLD

- New and innovative commercial deals (you ain't seen nothing yet)
- Political influence in major markets (don't think anyone quite appreciates the coup of getting the worlds most powerful man, President Xi to visit our ground and have a selfie taken with Sergio. Chinese Mega-Corps will now be falling over themselves to be associated with this club having been endorsed by the main man)
- Strategic presence in all major talent pools (China, USA, Middle East, Australia, Japan - expect a South American investment soon)
- holistic and morally sound world class playing staff and manager to attract neutrals to 'the brand'
- material infrastructure investments for the long term

Our owners work on 10 year strategic plans, not year by year budgets in the way every other club does

I literally couldn't have wished for /dreamt of better owners all those years ago

My 8 year old son will grow up watching the biggest and best team in the world, a bit different to the shite I used to watch week in/week out for 30+ years, and I for one could be happier...

And as for the rags who used to mercilessly take the piss between 1985-2008, KARMA IS A woman ISN'T IT?

It really doesn't matter what our 'rivals' and the media say, we are just blasting through them in a rocket ship bound for the sun ...

Buckle up Blues and enjoy the ride

Whilst the precise content of this announcement might be unexpected, its overall mood isn't. It's novel, bold and commercially groundbreaking, as we've come to expect in the last seven years or so.

Many people in and around football, and I don't just limit this to 'mouth-breathers' on rag cafe, seem unable to evaluate the world of football, and most especially Premier League football as it is today, and the currency it now holds; not how it was a decade or so ago. When the club was bought in 2008, smart phones and tablets were very much in their infancy. Planet earth was a much bigger place. The world has changed immeasurably since then, particularly in technological terms, and yet we have putatively intelligent people seemingly unable to grasp what that means to the most popular sport on the planet. They're still taking about fucking shirt sales, like an ageing DJ talks about the 'hit parade'. Fucking clowns.

Quite simply, by accident or design, or in all likelihood a combination of the two, City's takeover on that sunny late summer's day in 2008 has come to be revealed as the ultimate footballing conflation of being in the right place at the right time, for both ADUG and us as supporters. We should never forget our good fortune in that regard.

Eventually, for the mouth-breathers, the penny is going to drop, but for the less intellectually gifted among those who seek to denigrate us, I fear it's still going to take a little while longer of them to wake up to the scale of a project that they used to so love openly mocking.

Fuck me, I love supporting this club. What a ride we've been on for the last 40 years.

Not wishing to inflate your opinion of yourself but, beautifully put.

40 pages is a lot to wade through, would anybody be kind enough to summarise the key/interesting points from this?

Points such as:

1. Is it a possibility that China's 13% doesn't give them any control over MCFC? I'm guessing their CFG director could potentially vote on business decisions regarding MCFC if it is addressed within CFG - but he is outnumbered by six others (ADUG) - footballing decisions within MCFC such as transfers all internal to immediate club hierarchy? NO, CONTROL IS AT 51%, THEY JUST HAVE A SETA AT THE TABLE AND A VOTE
2. We need their connections to launch CFG in China (seeing huge growth and a big business interest/opportunity for our owners and their other interests as well), whilst they may simply have invested 13% with a view to cash in, in future - essentially a pay day for their help in growing CFG in China if we buy it back (or sell on to the next jackpot country via China's cooperation - e.g. India)? CORRECT, YOU CANT OWN A CHINESE COMPANY, AND ANY GROWTH OR INFLUENCE THERE MUST COME THROUGH LOCAL CHINESE OWNERSHIP
3. Is it feasible that some of this £400m or so that they've invested could be used in someway by MCFC to buy Messi (which could help launch CFG in China, MCFC being a CFG club)? I'm guessing this £400m would trickle down to all CFG clubs and other activities however. NOT DIRECTLY. IT GIVES CASH TO FUND INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS BUT CANT BE DIRECTLY CHANNELED TO BARCELONA FOR MESSI

Any other key/interesting points? Besides we've probably got the best business brains in the footballing world?
CORRECT

I for one am looking forward to the possibilities of this deal going forward. For me this can be only a good thing for the club and the business as a whole. I honestly couldn't give a damn about what any other football team supporter/s think about this or pundits/journalists - so long as it's a positive for City and expands our world-wide support and leads to us smashing apart the 'established' elite of the footballing world I'm all for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.