Chris Wilder leaves Sheffield United

Not sure of the incident you’re referring to regarding Pep. He seems to have a very friendly relationship with Wilder.

Not sure of the incident you’re referring to regarding Pep. He seems to have a very friendly relationship with Wilder.
His manner in general towards foreign managers, Pep Guardiola and indeed City was off hand, rather than there being a single incident.

He's getting paid plenty by Sheffield United, and far too much to carry on the little old me managing little old Sheffield United, "just one of the lads, me." routine. He's also gotten far, far too much praise to little Englander, "no one cares about us English coaches, if I'd been called Wilderinho..." bullshit he comes out with as well.

The problem is that being an angry little man with a chip on your shoulder who thinks boasting about hating "do-gooders, leftists and psychologists" is something clever works when you're motivating a bunch of journeymen League 1 players, but when you get to the Premier League no one is impressed by it. Players who are technically good enough to play at this level don't need to put up with management ideas from the 1980's.

He couldn't get any of his expensive purchases to play well, his defence went to shit as soon as he lost one of the best young keepers in the country, and his one tactical innovation was worked out as soon as Premier League managers had seen it a couple of times.

What he was left with was a bunch of Championship and League 1 players wondering why they're getting blamed for not being Premier League quality every week while the manager absolves himself of all blame.
That's it in a nutshell. I would add that left sided centre back O'Connell was a big miss for them. One player though should not make all that differif the manager is doing his job. Felt a bit sorry for the players (except that thug McBurnie) who seemed to give their all yet still got thrown under the bus by the manager.

Having a go at "lefties and do-gooders" in one of the most left wing Cities in the country wasn't clever either and several Blades privately acknowledge that he was not in a good place in doing so.

His manner in general towards foreign managers, Pep Guardiola and indeed City was off hand, rather than there being a single incident.
Did a fine job with Sheff U.However there is a reason his like have to manage a club up to the premier league.
The style of football is dross.Him Moyes,Pardew Pulis, Allardyce Hughes, etc have managed 1000's of games they have won nothing.They play mostly anti football they bleat on about clubs with money us in particular.The sooner all club owners realise that when they appoint them 2 yrs down the line they will be paying them off the better and give up and coming managers a chance football will not change they are dinosaurs and luddites in a football sense.Good riddance.

Think I read this week that the bottom 6 are all English managed. And this weeks shit on a stick game between WBA and Palace will be managed by 2 recent England managers

It's the first bad season he's had. He had success before he went to Sheffield United as well. He'd earned his right to be a PL manager. For a Yorkshire man though he hasn't half wasted some money with recent purchases

Think I read this week that the bottom 6 are all English managed. And this weeks shit on a stick game between WBA and Palace will be managed by 2 recent England managers

It's the first bad season he's had. He had success before he went to Sheffield United as well. He'd earned his right to be a PL manager. For a Yorkshire man though he hasn't half wasted some money with recent purchases
8 English managers in the division and 7 of them are in the bottom 8 places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.