citeh??

This term was started a few years ago by writers on the football365 website. Typical patronising southern wankers having a pop at the manc accent. They didn't, for example, constantly refer to Arsen'o or 'Millw'o to point out the speech impediment all Cockneys are born with. And rags really don't get it if they think being a manc is an insult

I first saw it on BBC's 606 forum in the days when it was open for all to start a thread (2005).

And yes, it was used as an insult towards the Mancunian accent.

Man U, and now the new City magazine, called Man C. or should it be Manc?

I'm not arsed about Citeh. I'm sure Gary Cook and his cronies can make a brand out of it, erm, a bit like an Elite Development Squad appearing in the Man C (Manc?) mag and waxing words about the defeat of New U.

Open your arms to the wonderful world of marketing and bullshit.

yeah and what the fyck is that bet365 advert with that cockney plank Winstone,

'Bet365, bet in play, naaa.... Gits right up my nose.

am not from manchesteh but ah support citeh an neveh understood whay manchesteh yooniyted fans tek the piss out of the manchesteh accent, ate that **** fergeh aswell. t'ra

:)

It's pretty pathetic really. I do know Manc rags who claim that "this is how City fans talk", which is odd as I grew up and went to school with the same Rags.

The local Rags of course also can be found referring to their team as "Yanite-od", but apparently this is some kind of correct pronunciation.

It's harmless banter and probably due to Liam Gallagher as much as anyone else. Us Blackpool fans use citeh for you lot and t'rovers for Blackburn, neither are meant as insults, just a bit of mick taking on the accent. Now, ManUre, that's a different story. They are no longer considered a proper football club to us and fall into the plastic category along with Chelski & Arsewipe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.