City’s Premier League Era Flop XI

I still think Boj would’ve have been a decent striker if he hadn’t had that torn Achilles. There was no way back for him after that so I wouldn’t call him a flop.

Not sure about that. We had some poor players but dreadful management aside our best 11 could and should have been mid(ish)-table: Coton, Edgehill, Curle, Symons, Phelan, Summerbee, Lomas, Flitcroft, Beagrie, Kinkladze, Rosler,
Even Symons was alright in the Premier League. It was only after relegation that his form collapsed.

Ball's appalling management and transfer business took City down but even then with 38 points and on goal difference. Injuries didn't help but the core of the side was alright.
Immel
Vaughan
Kernaghan
Frontzeck
Summerbee
Crooks
Clough
Creaney
Bradbury

Off the top of my head. There’ll be loads more.

I always think calling Robinho a flop is harsh, he scored something like 15 league goals from the left wing in a team that came 9th in his first season.
Sensational night when we signed him. Never to be forgotten. Loved that deft chip v Arsenal.

Bony was incredible for Swansea and is still held in high esteem there.

I don’t really recall now but I think he carried an injury and remained a little unfit. Sometimes you have to field what you have.
Didn't he get some sort of a virus or infection?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.