City and West Ham relationship..........

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
Team supported
City and Darlington FC
Was at that game in 87,great scenes,West Ham a top club.Hope they push on when they get in the new stadium.

Dont remember that red twat David Davies being on the brink of tears,unless it was tears of joy the red fcuker.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2015/April/City-and-West-Ham-United-A-special-relationship-1082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... nship-1082</a>

Know quite a few West Ham lads, they come up here and we go on a booze together, same in the reverse fixture, wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of them though!

There is no special relationship. We were simply similar sized in fan base and used to being yoyo clubs. Then we had the grace of our beneficent muslim investors and they got some bald Icelandic charlatan.

I also went to that game. Even though we got relagated it was a great day .. Been covered Lots of times so won't bother going there , but always had a soft spot for the hammers. Good club & good fans

Went to Piccadilly Station that day to get the Special to West Ham but it was full and there were loads of blues milling about wondering how to get to London

Got offered a place in a mini bus some lads had hired from Hertz across the road but they looked like the type who would have been arranging to meet up with the ICF the minute they landed in that there London, so being a young 'wet behind the ears' kid I chickened out and spent all my money on records instead

A mate who did make it described the scenes exactly as the website tells it

I was at that ’87 game too. Although we got relegated, it’s one of my favourite football memories.

After the mutual sing off, when we were let out of the ground , loads of the West Ham fans had lined the route back to the tube and stood either side of the road forming a tunnel and clapped us all the way back to the station.

Good lads ,bumped into 2 outside Upton park this season,asked them the best place for a pint,come with us they said,took us back to theres which was a community center from what i can remember,(bin on it all day)food and beer ,then took us to the vic tavern which was an experience,funny thing was kept whistling there bleeding theme tune all week.top day.

I like West Ham. Always have. My very first football shirt (second hand bought on Newton Heath Market or possibly Grey Mare Lane market) was a West Ham shirt (mother was clueless).

Similar paths to City in many respects, and although you can never really classify an entire fanbase, as a whole they seem well grounded.

I'd struggle to define it as a 'special relationship', but I think if you sat a City fan and a West Ham together, they'd share an awful lot of similar stories and see a little of themselves in each other.

If you look on their boards too, the vast majority have them have a really decent attitude towards us, and actually discuss topics well.

They get my vote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.