City Away...

HellasLEAF

1 goal in 3 contests, against Timisoara. How many actual scoring chances were carved out in these matches?

- Against Spurs the team gets a pass. It' been discussed to death, team was raw, unfamiliar, Spurs are strong at home. We were dominated and lucky to get the point. I think SWP was the only real scoring chance.
- Timisoara, I don't even really want to discuss. I hadn't even heard of them until we drew them in Europa League.
- Against Sunderland, City had one good half and one very average. With 3 or 4 actual scoring chances.

I understand possession has been good and City looked good at times against Sunderland but over the course of the season I think Mancini's approach lends itslelf to get 'pipped' away from home like we did against Sunderland. I am not convinced it was a lineup that screamed
'we came to win.' I don't think Arsenal would have approached Sunderland in that way. Or Chelsea or United. I get that it was the same team that beat Liverpool at home but play that match at Anfield and I guarantee it would have went differently.

Some will say we played well in the first half and should have had the lead and possibly the points with the Tevez miss. I disagree. That was a counter attacking play, not one that was created and to assume we will convert every clear cut scoring chance is a risky assumption. With few actual scoring chances being carved out of these away matches, City expose themselves to losses (or draws/dropped points) like this because 'that's football.'

I like Mancini, I believe in the team and in the confidence of the possession and football that's being played. This is not meant to be overly negative. I'm just concerned that Sunderland away my not be a 'one off' as many hope it will be. Against the Sunderlands, Boltons, Blackburns, Stokes, etc.. mid table clubs I am not in favor of this cautious approach Mancini has employed.

we dominated play.

yaya could have and should have had 3 or 4 goals

tevez had a bad day but still should have got a couple

ade had flick on superbly saved

the game was ours to win.

why do we constantly moan about our team or manager.

we are gonna get beat by teams this season, everyone does, get over it. they dont hand out trophys at the start of the season for that reason.

mblue said:
we dominated play.

we dominated only the first half. I thought Sunderland looked more dangerous to actually score in the 2nd half. Either way it was fairly even.

yaya could have and should have had 3 or 4 goals

Yaya had only one real scoring opportunity and it was the flick on to him at the far post. I'll add the play from Tevez but that was pretty weak.

tevez had a bad day but still should have got a couple

only the open net. there was no other real scoring opportunity from Tevez.

ade had flick on superbly saved

Tevez, Toure had 2 and Ade. Thoese were the real scoring chances from City, I mentioned that.

the game was ours to win.

why do we constantly moan about our team or manager.

we are gonna get beat by teams this season, everyone does, get over it. they dont hand out trophys at the start of the season for that reason.

I hope your right.

I agree with the orgional poster.

RM is still a present playing too defensively for me and this lends itself to being beaten by the odd goal right att he death. It will also cause problems if we go one nil down against a team who are good at defending. We still lack creativity and playing 3 midfielders who none of them are out right attack minded leaves us short of creativity

Now I believe RM wants creativyt from the fullbacks which is a problem at present as the two players he bought to dot that job and provide overlapping runs (Kolorov and Boateng) are both injured and the fullbacks that we have as replacements arent in the same mould.....but this is where i really have a problem with RM...he doesnt seem to have a plan B...he is still plying thesame sysytem relying on the fact that you need tobave attacking fullbacks to do it but hasnt got them.....he seems to be either unable or unwilling to adapt.

For me he still hasnt got the balance anywhere near right but lets see what appens when he has the two fullbacks in place. (Though a top manager would adapt to not having those two players and change his system)

Its noticeable that Redknapp even when playing away goes with four attacking players at least....now id rather see this and lose than see a defensive game and lose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.