City Centre Pub

oldius

My wife has treated me to the Band on the Wall's funk and soul party, a meal at Mr Thomas's and a night in a hotel for new year. I must have done something good right!

She's also said she doesn't mind watching the match in a nice pub. I'm looking for recommendations for a woman with sophisticated tastes (husband apart)!

Last edited:
The Smithfield Tavern is one of my favourite pubs in town at the moment and is right next to Band On The Wall. Unfortunately they don't show football though. Definitely worth dropping in for a post match pre BOTW pint though!

Tib Street Tavern is just round the corner from there and shows football in non-gross and relatively wally-free surroundings. That would be my recommendation if you want somewhere to watch the game without completely alienating a non-football liking companion.

Have a good new year!

Yeah, Tib St Tavern is decent enough for watching football.

Tib st tav for the game if you are going BotW for new year as its round corner you also have as mentioned the smithfield, bar fringe, gullys and dare I say the refurbished burton all close by. The loturks will have the match on also.

Printworks on NYE will mean double the usual number of bellends in it on a normal saturday.

Dive NQ is good for football. Tons of TVs. And if you call they might let you reserve a booth/table. Some have private TVs so away from the crowd of watching one of the biggies. Decent bar snacks too for the game. Should be quite lively.

Tib St Tavern will be hammered.if you can't get there early I wouldn't bother. Try the Grey Horse on Portland Street. Will be packed but great little pub and the match will be on.

Yeah, Tib St Tavern is decent enough for watching football.
It's absolutely tiny though. You get two dozen people in there watching a match and you have to swim through people to get anywhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.