City cleared of any wrongdoing in Garre case - no transfer ban expected

If anyone is at fault here, it is FIFA, and it is they who will be at the end of potential punishment. Actually, it won't be a punishment as such, it will be a requirement to rewrite FIFA regulations to ensure this never happens again.

Paiute tribe here in the states, its the origin of the state Utah, someone accused me of misspelling utd so I thought that was kind of funny
Respect mate
giphy.gif

You should've maybe used blutah as a username.

Unfortunately I don't trust FIFA as far as i could throw them. I wouldn't put anything past them if this ruling goes against us.

If this goes tits up again we've dropped a clanger. Yes the deal was ratified by FIFA but this was an almighty risk given his age.
We've already been punished for the drugs test and the academy ban, let's hope we don't get an unwanted hat trick.

Right but the rule that they are challenging is the transfer between 2 EU nation clubs being 16 yrs or older, and since he was contracted to a non EU club we and FIFA broke the rules (granted its FIFA's rule that they supposedly broke), I'm just concerned and hope someone with more knowledge than me can explain that we are in the clear with this one

So the questions are:

1. Was he still contracted to Sarsfeld at the time he left for Europe?
2. If no, then there's no issue. The lad flew to Europe and then exercised his EEA treaty rights as an Italian national to come and live/work in the UK.
3. If yes, then is he eligible under FIFA rules to move to another club once he turns 16, regardless of whether he has a contract elsewhere (ie. can he walk out on Sarsfeld without recrimination)? If yes, then again there's no issue.

The one aspect of this I don't like is that the boy flew to Europe on his 16th birthday and then on to the UK the following day. Can Sarsfeld argue that he had to have been tapped up for him to sign for City so quickly, given that the Argentinian club had refused our approaches for the lad when he was still 15?

FIFA have got Gill at the helm, ergo they are untrustworthy cnuts. I wouldn't put anything past them in terms of not having taken action against us, knowing that the next option for Sarsfeld would be to take the matter to CAS where there is no right of appeal.

All I can say is that City must be super confident about the matter, given that we haven't settled out of court so to speak

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.