City "close to agreeing partnership deal with Uruguayan club"

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Maly Wilson, 21 Aug 2016.

1. Montevideo City FC

2. BigOscar

BigOscar

Is Uruguay where all the really dodgy South American football shit goes down, or is that somewhere else? The place with that second division side who "own" a bunch of big name players who play in Europe, but none of them ever set foot there? Pretty sure Rulli was one of them, along with a bunch of others. Some really dodgy shit goes down in South American football, not that keen on getting involved in all that

3. heartman

heartman

They do invest and then maintain that investment relative to the turnover and running costs.
    So as example in Melbourne they bought the license of Melbourne Heart for approx 12m Aud. Spent a further 25m on building a training facility. Spent some more on players (not alot due to being a salary capped League ) but generally the club has to operate and generate its own turnover.

Although this all this could be pretty much paid for Mooy gets sold for 20m pounds or more.

So yes they put in but not excessively.

4. rossie

rossie

made me chuckle this ..

5. rossie

rossie

and there isnt any dodgy shit going on here ??

6. Maly Wilson

Maly Wilson

Gaffer
    Busy Managing my other love - High Lane FC
    Looks like I had some inside info bud, so I hope you're suitably stunned ;)

7. BigOscar

BigOscar

Not remotely on the same level, no. It's Deportivo Maldonado I was thinking of and they are in Uruguay. They are essentially just a workaround for 3rd party ownership, but South America in general is the wild west of football finance, absolutely ridiculous stuff goes on there all the time

8. TBooksbluearmy

TBooksbluearmy

If the club is looking for a club in South America surely with all our Argentine influence in the players we have here at the club. It would make more sense to buy a club there, then put a couple of our players through their coaching badges and let them be on the look out for some top quality players. That way we might be able to pick up the next Lionel Messi or Sergio Aguero before the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona come sniffing around. Just think of all the money that might be saved on some future transfer fees.

9. rossie

rossie

makes me wonder why our owners would consider getting involved with a team from south america if things are that bad, ive always had the impression they like to keep things squeeky clean

10. eyalluvitt

eyalluvitt

Penarol Wednesday Academical FC ?