"City do well when Aguero and Tevez start together."

I agree, letting him go without replacing him was a bit of a white flag moment.

What's everyone's obsession with watch tevez and aguero..do u guys love seeing the other team put 10 men in the box and watching us try to play thru the channels that don't exist..they know there's no Ariel threat so they camp out and wait..is that the city u love watching

I'm convinced half on here don't watch city, many may attend but they don't go to watch a game of football. Tevez & Aguero can link up at times but both are ultimately to selfish. They are a better combination than Tevez and Dzeko, in the box they have 0 understanding constantly get in each others way. Aguero and Dzeko is probably our best pairing but that hasn't exactly clicked either, tho our setup doesn't help their cause.

Why does it have to be two up top?

I think we'd make better use of Silva or Yaya if we played one of them just behind a lone striker. Particularly away from home.

crb said:
I'm convinced half on here don't watch city, many may attend but they don't go to watch a game of football. Tevez & Aguero can link up at times but both are ultimately to selfish. They are a better combination than Tevez and Dzeko, in the box they have 0 understanding constantly get in each others way. Aguero and Dzeko is probably our best pairing but that hasn't exactly clicked either, tho our setup doesn't help their cause.

This

kenzie115 said:
Why does it have to be two up top?

I think we'd make better use of Silva or Yaya if we played one of them just behind a lone striker. Particularly away from home.

I agree. But I think that selfishness you speak of in Carkos is slowly washing away. He's provided better final passes than Spanish Dave.

Tevez has lost a yard, ship him out in summer.

OP, interesting stats but can you list the games individually

15 wins out of 18 is superb but were there any top teams in there ?

Basically they pissed all over Norwich that one time, best game we've ever played in terms of quality level IMO, and Therefore it's the best partnership. I do think it has the highest potential, again that game was otherwordly. But aguero/Dzeko is probably more consistent.

Though I think Dzeko is an extremely limited player in regards to what he can offer outside of goals, and although you can say that's all that matters etc.. Sometimes, when we're trying to play our way back into a game, his not being able to pass it to a guy 10 yards away from him does matter a little bit.

Tevez meanwhile, though his finishing has been mostly horrible this year, doesn't have Dzeko's lazy tendencies and is an all round better team player, the fact that he's got more assists than silva this season testifies to that, but I agree that maybe we should try playing him a bit further back. Coz his goalscoring really has vanished this season.

Personally I'd play aguero up by himself with 3 creatives behind him, Tevez, silva and Yaya maybe. With Milner and Barry holding, or if not then we need some new blood in the summer.

Santiago Street . said:
Tevez has lost a yard, ship him out in summer.

OP, interesting stats but can you list the games individually

15 wins out of 18 is superb but were there any top teams in there ?

The games Aguero and Tevez started together are:

2011-12
10 Sep: City 3-0 Wigan
(partnership broken up at 1-0)

11 Apr: City 4-0 West Brom
(partnership broken up at 3-0)

14 Apr: Norwich 1-6 City
(partnership broken up at 1-5)

22 Apr: Wolves 0-2 City
(partnership broken up at 0-2)

30 Apr: City 1-0 United

06 May: Newcastle 0-2 City
(partnership broken up at 0-0)

13 May: City 3-2 QPR
(partnership broken up at 1-2)

2012-13
12 Aug: Chelsea 2-3 City
(partnership broken up at 2-3)

19 Aug: City 3-2 Southampton

29 Sep: Fulham 1-2 City
(partnership broken up at 1-1)

27 Oct: City 1-0 Swansea

06 Nov: City 2-2 Ajax
(partnership broken up at 1-2)

11 Nov: City 2-1 Tottenham
(partnership broken up at 1-1)

17 Nov: City 5-0 Aston Villa
(partnership broken up at 4-0)

15 Dec: Newcastle 1-3 City
(partnership broken up at 1-3)

22 Dec: City 1-0 Reading

26 Dec: Sunderland 1-0 City

29 Jan: QPR 0-0 City

(and now yesterday's game)

17 Feb: City 4-0 Leeds
(partnership broken up at 3-0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.