City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

It's beyond my understanding why anybody would ever want to leave a game early, especially an early kick off on a Saturday.

Fair dos, some people genuinely have an excuse but not the thousands upon thousands that leave at our place from 80minutes onwards.

Part timers
The worse thing is they leave regardless of the score. They don't come to support the team,They come for a day out.

I don't attend regularly so am not going to have a go at anyone.

If however I was a player I'd like to see that my and my teammates efforts are appreciated by being clapped off at the end, particularly if the team had just put in a wonderful performance.
Totally agree mate.....Palace being the latest example. Always stay till the end in the North Stand with my kids. Even just before the Aguero QPR moment I was determined to stay till the end after Dzeko scored come what may...best football I'd ever seen that season(maybe ever at the Etihad/MR), some of the best players in the world and I wanted to clap the team off for a wonderful season...hated seeing people scramble back in after THAT goal (ala Gillingham). Some will never learn. And people leaving early at the Palace game at 230pm - I'm positive that there were not 30000 kids parties, stag dos, hen dos, family dos going on at the same time on that Saturday afternoon that justified the majority leaving early to save half an hour on a journey.. I was still back home in Rammy for 330 after a 20 min walk back to the car near the old Kippax pub near Oldham Rd.

On Saturday there was a guy two rows in front of me in 326, fucking around filming corners and stuff. Suddenly got up, picked up his bag of stuff and left. That was after twenty minutes, never saw him again.

Season ticket holders should lose their ticket if they miss two games in a season without notifying the club so they can re-sell it, end of.

As for day trippers, all tickets should be on supporter cards and if you don't turn up then your card is cancelled and you pay to get it reinstated. Something has to be done, it's getting a bit silly.

Season ticket holders should lose their ticket if they miss two games in a season without notifying the club so they can re-sell it, end of.

As for day trippers, all tickets should be on supporter cards and if you don't turn up then your card is cancelled and you pay to get it reinstated. Something has to be done, it's getting a bit silly.

There are some absolutely ridiculous comments on this site but your first paragraph has to rank near the top as one of the most stupid suggestions ever.

How many empty seats can you cope with? Under that scheme half the season ticket holders in the ground would be gone with no one to replace them and half the day trippers gone. Rediculous proposal and over to the empty seat thread as we'll be getting 30k crowds.

There are some absolutely ridiculous comments on this site but your first paragraph has to rank near the top as one of the most stupid suggestions ever.

Why is it? His suggestion is a sensible one. He's not saying that season ticket holders can't miss 2 games a season - he's saying that if someone misses 2 games where they haven't notified the club in advance of their non-attendance then sanctions should be applied. I mean, how hard would it be for an individual to let the club know that they're not able to attend a game? Granted, if it's a last minute emergency it might be the last thing on someone's mind and that could happen to any of us, but that's where the leeway of 2 games comes in - personally, I'd probably up it to 3.

The fact is that some City fans are being denied access to tickets at certain games due to non-attending season ticket holders who can't be arsed sticking their tickets up on the ticket exchange.

Last edited:

Absolutely dreadful post, that's coming from me

Why is it? His suggestion is a sensible one. He's not saying that season ticket holders can't miss 2 games a season - he's saying that if someone misses 2 games where they haven't notified the club in advance of their non-attendance then sanctions should be applied. I mean, how hard would it be for an individual to let the club know that they're not able to attend a game? Granted, if it's a last minute emergency it might be the last thing on someone's mind and that could happen to any of us, but that's where the leeway of 2 games comes in - personally, I'd probably up it to 3.

The fact is that some City fans are being denied access to tickets at certain games due to non-attending season ticket holders who can't be arsed sticking their tickets up on the ticket exchange.
No City fan is ever being denied access to a home game. Perhaps someone who has never been to a game in their life and wants to start off with United at home. But that's not a City fan. Tickets for every game go on open sale and (apart from Hamburg a few years back) take a slow enough time to sell that anyone can get a ticket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.