City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I pay my money , I go to whichever match I want normally every home game. I also leave when I want.If I've gone on my bike I normally stay till the end, unless I've taken the car and have to be away early for something. I don't need some spoon telling me what minute to stay or go till !

Your missing my point m8 i wasn't saying everyone has to attend every game i was merely pointing out last year posters were saying I'm not going to the semis I'm saving my money for the final, assuming we would beat Arsenal and get there can you understand what I'm saying or are you brain dead.It was the arrogance of some posters not if they could afford it or not,are you sure your user name shouldn't be Prestwich mental hospital
You appear to be the one with the brain issues. It's been pointed out that families or individuals might only be able to afford one trip so decided to miss out on the semi-final on the hope - not the expectation - that we'd get there. You've assumed it's arrogance and that applies to all fans who didn't go to the Arsenal game. Also it was a bit cheaper to go to the semi-final.

There might well have been some who said "I'll swerve this one and go to the final" even though they probably could have done both. Many might well have had a very valid reason. But whether you like it or not, if they just didn't fancy it, that's their choice. Just accept it instead of getting your knckers in a twist about it.

Very good post.

The public transport is a nightmare. The trams are useless, carrying what 200?? people a time back to the City every 10 mins? I have used them once a couple of years ago and the queue was awful. My mate used them earlier this season and had to wait 50mins.

The M60 is a nightmare most weekday nights. There is effectively one road going back to town, which they now close off for traffic from near the tram crossing because there are tens of thousands of fans walking back down Ashton new road to the City. Busses struggle to get down this road and i only ever see about four buses, why isnt there 30 busses lined up?

You then get to Piccadilly and if like me you live near Congleton the last train leave at 9.45pm which is no use!

Parking near the ground is a now more difficult as the Council have extended the resident's permit areas and there are less car parks.

All of this will get worse if further stadium expansion is undertaken.

Imo the Club and Council need to make Ashton Road and Merrill street one way towarss the city centre after a match. Put on 30 busses. More trams lined up if possible. And the train companies need to consulted about delaying the last trains on match days. All a long shot I know.

Excellent post and some valid points , i travel 40 miles by car to the M602 it takes approx 30 minutes , then from the end of the M602 to the ground it takes another hour on night matches , the traffic is ridiculous and is definitely a consideration when you have to leave work early and its live on the telly . Why cant the powers that be organise park and ride facilities to cut the match traffic down , the accessibility and parking to the stadium is now beyond a joke. At least at Maine Rd i could park close by pay a little urchin 50p to mind my car and toddle off to the game , if the club want to grow attendances and the capacity they need to liaise with the council to sort out traffic issues

This is the bit that a lot of folk don't seem to understand.

The majority of clubs are relying on the same supporters to shell out for every single home game.

What separates Utd from City is that they have more hangers on than you.
It's not the same supporters. You talk as if we're Stockport County or someone. We have a huge fanbase and shit loads of foreign fans. But the local fanbase has fallen away while the tourists have grown beyond belief. I'd argue we have one of the largest tourist fanbases outside Liverpool and the Rags. But they don't want to come to the League Cup (they don't at Anfield or Old Scaffold) so we should price all League Cup games, semi-finals included, at £10 for adults and £1 for kids now and forever and get the locals coming back.

Is that to do with the loyalty of our fans, The majority have season tickets from Maine Road.
Not sure about that anymore. Pretwich_Blue once said on here we've lost 20000 seasonticket holders from the Maine Road days.

Nice to read a good post on here instead of all these doom merchants. We sold out a few days ago at home to Burnley in the third round of the FA Cup and every league game is basically sold out. Yet we don't sell out for the Carabao Cup and hysteria ensues and the world is about to end......haha!!!!!!. Not to mention that it's the 4th home game in 10 days....it's a lot of money after the holidays.
Correct.

I have read lots of "I cant stay", "until the club do something" or "the roads are shocking" "I will do whatever I like its my money", and whilst there are some cases it is hard for fans to get to the ground or leave in good time it is the good of your club to attend. Would like to read more positive posts in here (And there are some) about the lengths people do go to getting to the ground and how much personal time given up. I love this club but sometimes it feels like it is being drowned in negativity from a minoirty.

I watched from my couch last night. First ten minutes saw loads of empty seats but they slowly filled up and by half time there were a lot more in.
The only game i've seen lately that didn't have empty seats was the scouse derby.
Yes, the Big SE cup Derby of Brighton v Palace was half empty, too much football.

Your missing my point m8 i wasn't saying everyone has to attend every game i was merely pointing out last year posters were saying I'm not going to the semis I'm saving my money for the final, assuming we would beat Arsenal and get there can you understand what I'm saying or are you brain dead.It was the arrogance of some posters not if they could afford it or not,are you sure your user name shouldn't be Prestwich mental hospital
Don't see it as arrogance, we all know that we can win or lose a semi.

But for me if I had to choose between a semi and the chance of being at the final I'd go the final every time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.