City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Not an experiment as such, but over the years I've realised if I start my 100 mile trip "home" after a game immediately after the final whistle, I get back about the same time as when I have a couple of post-match scoops in The Townley.

So, stay to the end and the Townley it is then, no brainer. It took the mrs a couple of years to realise that I always drive up to the game and she always seems to drive back. She now claims it's to facilitate post-match drinks, which is a scandalous accusation ; )
Having said all that, weeknight matches completely go against the weekend plan, so I might just have to leave maybe 5 mins from the end as that does make a big difference. Its the difference between getting home at maybe 1am rather than 2am, and with a 7am start at work needs must.

Apologies if anyone is offended by that.

I am a London-based, 34 year season ticket holder, and I have never left early, even on mid-weeks or late Saturdays when I can't take the train and have to drive home, getting in at 2/3am. I don't judge others that leave early - they must have good reasons - BUT - I think it is really disappointing when I am the only one left on my row on the CBL3 applauding the boys back into the tunnel. It must feel shit having played your socks off and the only people left are kids with signs begging for your shirt, so their Dad can sell it on Ebay. Even the tourists who manage to get away tickets are starting to leave early (a group of 4 around us left Palace 15 mins early!). It's why I like a European away lock in...:) I know the traffic infrastructure around the Etihad is utter shite, but I never remember this happening at Maine Road (maybe it did??)...anyway, now back to the Atmosphere thread...

Turn up in time to welcome the team onto the pitch.

Applaud the team off at half time and back on at the start of the second half.

At the end of the game applaud the team off irrespective of the score.

During the game join in the singing, make encouraging noises if you think it will help the players. Clap if you enjoyed something one of our players did. Swear loudly at anything the opposition does.

Never leave early.

Never say you've been supporting City for 50 years. It's only the current game that matters. A fan who paid £400 for his first City game who makes a noise is better than you are.

Not difficult. I'm not asking anyone to go full kit Wanker or strip to the waist Geordie style.

Coincidentally, I was thinking of that old saying 'you're only as good as your last game' earlier on today. Same applies to the supporters. Just because you supported the club when they were rather abysmal shouldn't give you a free pass.

It isn't about being a 'superfan' by wanting to watch the 90 minutes, that's just standard practice of a normal fan. I used to get told off for even reading the matchday programme during the game when I was younger.

Last edited:
I know this is about City fans leaving early but did you all see how many Arsenal fans had left early yesterday. They call us but fuck me when it gets a bit rough for Arsenal they are nowhere to be seen.
They pissed off because they were losing and didn't want to start crying in front of their mates. Our mob piss off early every bloody game.

Find it odd, people leaving after 70 minutes, and really don't get it. It wasn't this bad under Pearce or Sven. Maybe the manager and style of play is to blame.

Find it odd, people leaving after 70 minutes, and really don't get it. It wasn't this bad under Pearce or Sven. Maybe the manager and style of play is to blame.

Crikey. Not more reasons. Haha.

'PEP OUT!!'

Really is arduous sitting and watching the best club side in the world for the full 90 minutes.

I am a London-based, 34 year season ticket holder, and I have never left early, even on mid-weeks or late Saturdays when I can't take the train and have to drive home, getting in at 2/3am. I don't judge others that leave early - they must have good reasons - BUT - I think it is really disappointing when I am the only one left on my row on the CBL3 applauding the boys back into the tunnel. It must feel shit having played your socks off and the only people left are kids with signs begging for your shirt, so their Dad can sell it on Ebay. Even the tourists who manage to get away tickets are starting to leave early (a group of 4 around us left Palace 15 mins early!). It's why I like a European away lock in...:) I know the traffic infrastructure around the Etihad is utter shite, but I never remember this happening at Maine Road (maybe it did??)...anyway, now back to the Atmosphere thread...
It did happen at Maine Rd.
To chants of "part time supporters"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.