City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

He stopped going himself, so he understands the apathy
Mine was a protest about the stupid and unnecessary rise in prices for this season but I only really watched the game out of the corner of my eye last night on the TV. It just doesn't excite me. Give me Scunny in the FA Cup any day.

Agreed. What I can't get my head past is the fact that ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea.....all seem to manage to get sellouts or pretty much close to on CL nights.
Man Utd force ST holders to buy a ticket for one thing. Arsenal I think include the group games as part of the season ticket. So for both of those clubs all season ticket holders will be counted as being there whether they are or not. They've also got the size of fanbase that can fill empty seats and I can illustrate that. A few years ago, I had a meeting down in London and it finished early so I was on the train back about 2:30, thinking it'd be dead quiet. It was rammed however and I couldn't work out why until I realised that the rags had a home CL tie that night. Think it was Lille, so hardly a European glamour tie. And other trains before and after were probably like that as well. We son't attract that level of support at the moment.

What is the problem with these fans! They boo, they leave early, to be honest I really am astonished. What must the owner, the players and staff think about them. Ask the two elderly ladies how they feel about some of the morons on this site. It’s not as if they will change anything at the end of the day and they don’t seem to get it that fans support the club through good and bad times. I’d ban the next person to boo, they’ll all be moaning when Sterling is booed at Liverpool, ask him if it motivates him or deflates him.

I have zero interest in the Chump's league and the whole thing leaves me completely cold. Since it's inception i can count on one hand i've watched a non city game in this competition, i didn't miss a home game in any competition for about 8 years until i baulked at the PSG prices, since them i haven't attended on CL game and i basically only attended because i misguidedly felt obliged to, i have zero regrets and i actually felt sicker getting knocked out of the cup against Wigan than any Cl defeat.

I was brought up late 70s/early 80s listening to Peter Jones and Bryon Butler commentating on British sides in the European, EUFA and Cup Winners Cup and i had a real buzz doing so and was desperate to see City taking part but the 'Champions League' is in my eyes a shit stain of a competition in so many respects i loathe whole thing and there is not a cat in hells chance of me going to any of the other games but any FA or League Cup games at the Etihad i'll be there. I'm well aware of how important the CL is to the club and i'd like to win it but that's as far as it goes.

I cannot belive that our owners want a full house for these games, price it right and bingo
all tickets say £20 for 1st and 3rd tier and 2nd tier £30, in best seats charge £45 charge kids go for £5
It's not the pricing that's the problem. Some fans just aren't interested in the competition.

Lets not forget that this wasnt a football stadium to start with.
From the start it was designed to be a football stadium eventually (unlike the London Stadium), the Level 1 terracing was laid and then covered over with the running track, one end was left open with just a temporary stand in place for the Games so that the diggers could come in and remove the track and in-field and complete the stadium, there is little wrong with the Etihad as a football stadium.

Agreed. What I can't get my head past is the fact that ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea.....all seem to manage to get sellouts or pretty much close to on CL nights. Regardless of times or transport or anything else for that matter. This looks to me like it's an issue for us only. But if we're being honest even on a Saturday the Etihad resembles a picnic outing. Can't remember the last time we really had the place totally full and rocking.
2nd leg against Liverpool was until they killed it with the away goal.

I agree with others over the pricing, it should be a lot cheaper than it is, I think most of us see the groups of the CL the same way we see playing someone like Ipswich at home in the 3rd round, cheaper tickets would at least get those who can't afford league games into the CL games. The club will get it right over time, but games like that are helpful in showing the club that there are still things to sort out. Also with atmosphere etc. I'm 100% sure that ours is no worse than anyone's in the league, I think the atmosphere thing is overstated throughout the league, we are just the whipping boys for the whole leagues same issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.