City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I managed to negate the travel issues back from Wembley by leaving at half time.

That meant that I’m a proper blue by making the pilgrimage, but alleviating the travel issues by leaving at half time.

I believe that I’ve found the perfect balance to being a top blue.
At the risk of leaving myself open to accusations of seeking an early exit again I think that’s as good a place as any to call it quits for the night

I think it depends on the circumstances of the match. Like everything else in life if a lap of honour to a packed stadium happened after every home game it’d soon lose its attraction to them and to us.

It’s best saved for special occasions
Yeah let’s just support the team on the special occasions and everyone fuck off with 10 or 15 minutes left every other game

I leave during time added at the end of the game if we are cruising.

Watch far more of the game than the annoying twats who:
  • Come late
  • Bugger off 5 minutes before half time
  • Arrive back 5 minutes into the second half
  • Piss off with 10 minutes to go

Don't think most would class you as an early leaver mate.

More the ones you've listed, but I think you've been very generous with your timings. A lot go for their half time pint on 30 minutes and some can't even wait that long. With the amount of added on time this season they're easily missing 15-20 mins at the end if they leave in the 80th minute.

Can't understand why people go to the effort of getting to the ground, spending a fortune and then missing over a third of the game. It is their choice, but it's not great support.

I leave during time added at the end of the game if we are cruising.

Watch far more of the game than the annoying twats who:
  • Come late
  • Bugger off 5 minutes before half time
  • Arrive back 5 minutes into the second half
  • Piss off with 10 minutes to go
I think some of your timings are out, bugger off 10 mins ,arrive back 15 mins, piss off 15 mins, they do near where I sit anyway, also no chanting allowed.

Forget other clubs, we shouldn't give a fuck about whether others do the same or not. Leaving early in the numbers our fans now do is a disgrace, and has become so normalised that it's getting worse season on season. One day this success will all be over and those leaving will probably look back and wonder where it started going wrong. Well it's here and and now doing this
I agree when you say the number leaving so early is a disgrace, but anything "going wrong" will not be a result of the early leavers.
There are lots of reasons for going early but I doubt they apply to so many fans irrespective of kick-off time. They piss off early whatever the score unless there's a title to be presented when suddenly the excuses disappear into thin air.
Leaving on 90 minutes might make some sense, leaving before 80 minutes is ridiculous.
I watched City all over the country before Covid and the only time I saw fans leaving in droves as early as our mob leave was when we were hammering them, and even then many home fans stayed to the end. - OK, I wasn't always just watching the crowd but it would be as noticeable at an away ground as it is at home.
I'm not sure comments about not leaving a theatre early are always relevant. These apply when the game is tight, but not when we're three up with ten minutes to go. However I think the players need some appreciation when they've demolished the opposition.
I will however concede the transport links are quite poor, and I'm told getting off the car park can be a nightmare especially as the main couple of car parks each have a single exit point and both empty on to AT Way. The anti-motorist bastards on the council haven't helped matters with extended parking restrictions. - But we can't be the only club with these issues, can we?

I don’t give a fuck if people leave early but it does amuse me when we score a goal or two in the last ten minutes and they miss it. Imagine paying £60 for a ticket and totally missing the best parts of the game.
I bet the ones who moaned like fuck on here regarding ticket increases leave early...I can just see it haaaa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.