City fans rushed by Spanish Police

Please don't let this go. If you saw something or were assaulted pelase contact City's supporter liaison officer Lisa Eaton as mentioned earlier:

europe@mcfc.co.uk

You might write to your MP.

Why shouldn't we challenge these unprovoked assaults?

If we do challenge them then at the very least, nobody can think "I did nothing when I should have".

Atleast there is a chance something might be done.

supporter09 said:
hello,

i'm a supporter of borussia dortmund and will be visiting the matches in manchester as well as in madrid. the behaviour of spanish police forces is just disgusting!
as some of you already mentioned, this happened to a lot of fans from different nations, and in several spanish cities.
dortmund in sevilla, hannover in sevilla, frankfurt in vigo, the famous case of marseille in madrid (atlético >> SANTOS) and what happened to your mates yesterday sounds just like a lot of reports from other fans, just singing or celebrating and getting attacked by the spanish police for no legit reason!
the stories i heard and read from our match in sevilla back in december 2010 were frightening. they said after the game, you could hear the maltreatened screaming even outside the stadium. and some fans had to leave the stadium during half-time with tears in their eyes, because they were scared of the polices' actions after the game. allthough it was the game that decided who will succeed the group stage.

supporters of several clubs from all over europe have to come together and blame the UEFA for what happens regularly(!) in spain!
so that they can't close their eyes and disclaim the problem any longer.
something like this must not happen in the european union!

regards from germany.

Quite right, Sir. It is not acceptable and the worst thing we do is nothing. We should get together somehow and complain. Why should these Spanish thugs get away with it?

Kind regards from Blighty

alblue said:
Robert Jordan said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

Got a problem that I called these mighty public servants, the officers, PIGS?
To bad.
What you want to do about it?

What a sad bastard you are.

Sorry for the typo, TOO instead of TO, my keyboard is not what it used to be.

Now, that we are done with pleasantries, go call the piggies and give them a link to my post if this is what you want to do.
You will likely be rewarded like a good servant of the system you are.

The fact that people posting here were afraid to take pictures of the brutality so they will not get beaten up even more, is outrageous.

But next time when you will want to take a picture with your cellphone and they will beat you up (and your friends that happen to be walking with you TOO), do not forget your previous craven attitude. Maybe as a result, grateful that they let you live you will support the police with more fervor, making a donation for the 'heroes', the brotherhood of the PIGS.

Matter of fact, you model citizen should support the police, beat yourself up to save them the hassle.

I'm sure the Madrid Police will get an official complaint from..., but they will make excuses and brush it under the rug. They don't have carpets over there. Too hot.

jrb said:
I'm sure the Madrid Police will get an official complaint from..., but they will make excuses and brush it under the rug. They don't have carpets over there. Too hot.

Still not a reason not to complain. The Spanish shouid be shamed into doing better. COnsidering their country is massively in DEBT to the Germans and us to a lesser extent they should listen to what we are saying. I know money shouldn't talk, but the Spanish authorities should be, if needs be, persuaded that they should do somethign to stop these unprovoked assaults.

McnabsMustache83 said:
Just got back, we were in that bar right opposite the stadium, Nat Pike and fanzone Danny was in there.
We got there at about 2 hrs before kick off, it was only a small place so most people were outside soaking up the sun and having a bit of a sing song all in good nature.
The old bill turned up and in the meat wagon, all piled out , helmets on, truncheons a loft and started twatting people. This bloke (say about in his fifties) got one across his face and went down, my mate went to help him putting his hands up in the air for them to stop and got one accross his head, chest, legs, they just steamed into him, his face is a mess. He was that bad he got stiched up on his face outside in an ambulance, the medic said, he was very looky, if it was an inch higher it would of struck his temple.
They were pushing women, kids it was outragious. i could write an esay on it

I need to send an e-mail to City regarding these incidents, who do i send it to, any help would be grateful, Cheers.

If i was you i'd send it directly to our new spanish speaking CEO , Ferran Soriano ..... he was there last night , he'll make our feelings known to the people who matter !

we were told to use the metro at the north of the ground(cruces), so not to have a run in with their ultras. we all got off at the bernabau and went into the bar where all the blues where drinking.i did not see any trouble but if that bar was a meeting up place for the ultras, then they could have made a quick phonecall

Zabbasbeard said:
jrb said:

Still not a reason not to complain. The Spanish shouid be shamed into doing better. COnsidering their country is massively in DEBT to the Germans and us to a lesser extent they should listen to what we are saying. I know money shouldn't talk, but the Spanish authorities should be, if needs be, persuaded that they should do somethign to stop these unprovoked assaults.

Actually, the financial crisis probably leads to even more hostility towards Germans and Brits. Keep politics out of it as best as you can.

The Spanish police is a disgrace.

smithy said:
Zabbasbeard said:
jrb said:

Actually, the financial crisis probably leads to even more hostility towards Germans and Brits. Keep politics out of it as best as you can.

The Spanish police is a disgrace.

i have not come across any hostility from police or locals towards brits, that said i am not saying it has not happened. the shit that happened last night imo was fuelled from the outside.

We were inside the bar and saw the first fella knocked to the floor which was bad enough until the police compounded it by assaulting anyone within batoning distance.The lad who got a baton to the side of his face looked in a bad way too even though I was told he went into the game.
Anyone was fair game, even women and youngsters.Never seen such heavy handedness .
I wondered if it had anything to do with what went previously in the Plaza Mayor as there was a bit of a bust up with the City fans with the ball and the police but they backed off into the corner and it seemed like it had blown over.

Back at the bar they came in and cleared us all out. One poster mentioned it might have had something to do with the owner but that was definitely not the case. he was having a great time with fans of both teams and was clearly enjoying himself. I had a few words with him after the game and he was really pissed off withn the police. He even gave me the free drink to cover what the police had made me leave.

Another cock up was the herding us all out of one gate after the game. It got really cramped and you could see some people beginning to panic. There was a point where people were backed up on the stairs but other were till coming down the escalators and just piling on top of each other. A couple went over and it couldve caused all kinds of shit until someone had the nous to hit the emergency stop.
Very poor all round by the officials but City fans in general were a credit to themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.