City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

chesterbells said:
jrb said:
chesterbells said:
But we didn't dispute it; we accepted it - won't that go against us in any 'claim'?

No, because we've never accepted FFP. We don't recognize FFP.

Pleased to read it!
I wasn't sure on the wording of what the club had and had not actually accepted/acknowledged about FFP tbh

I've said before how telling it was how Pellegrini never missed an opportunity to say how much FFPR had affected the club. Almost like he had been told to say it ;-) I don't believe we will demand compensation from UEFA but it's nice that they know we could....and not just the fine.

Get ride of those old FFP smells

Relax, breath in , smell the money, and the new players.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APRNiTK494I[/video]

'Breathe new FFP happy' :-)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

jrb said:
Don't normally link the Mail, but the comments under he article say it All, City fans and other fans slating Platini, UEFA, and FFP. The penny had dropped a long time ago with many other fans as regards FFP. Not many Rags or Arsenal commenting. I wonder why. :-) They must be gutted. :-)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3086409/UEFA-chief-Michel-Platini-thinks-Financial-Fair-Play-rules-saw-Manchester-City-fined-49million-eased-June.html#reader-comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... r-comments</a>

Thing is those fans wouldn't even know we could spend 100m+ even with no relaxation of FFP.. I would of liked no FFP relaxation for at least another 12 months to the reaction from opposing fans then only to be told we are fine! now it will be the Narrative of us spending beyond our means..

I enjoy popping over every now and again.

Bless, Richard still doesn't get it.

In his world he wants to maintain the status quo, where Real Madrid, Barcelona, and United(?), etc, compete for everything, just because they apparently have an established fanbase. :-?

Richard Cranium

Joined: Feb 27, 2013 Messages: 912 Location: Location: Location:

I do think clubs should be allowed to have a rich owner who invests somewhat but City really took it to another level. Almost nigh on £1bn of investment in 3-4 seasons to win their first PL title on goal difference, and the hope of a contract.

It's a fine balancing act between stopping clubs like City buying success with a bunch of mercenaries and at the other end of the scale, making investment difficult and thus cementing the competitive position of clubs with an established fanbase such as Madrid, Barca and United.

And if all else fails, resort back to mercenary tag , as in Wayne Rooney, Di Maria, Falcao, etc. Wozza stayed for the money twice. Di Maria wanted to go to PSG. And Falcao just came for the money.

Does anyone have any details of this 'easing' of FFP rules and will UEFA the f*ckers give us our £49m quid back the robbing tw*ts ......

Makes me wonder if someone has been tipped the wink that the legal challenge to FFP could be upheld under the current rules??

bellbuzzer said:
dont want to piss on anyone's chips, but knowing the lengths the likes of BM and the rags are prepared to go to, and EUFA backing them, I believe it's premature to celebrate.
When Platini says ''easing'' that could mean anything.
The idea that there were '' unintended consequences'' is a lie, the object of FFP, from the very outset was to exclude challengers to the established 'elite' .
I hope the legal challenges go ahead, and succeed, to make sure UEFA does not dance to the tune of vested interests again. A good start would be a ban on leveraged buyouts that take money out of football, as opposed to investing in it
Hope for the best, fear the worst, we are dealing with ruthless bastards.

+1

Guess Platini did lose his political backing. Maybe UEFA realized penalizing new money would eventually shoot themselves in the foot. Maybe they realized that City represents a large fan base that was ALWAYS there and competition isn't a bad thing. SOMEONE has to be the bad guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.