City & FFP (updated)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 1 Feb 2014.

1. SWP's back

SWP's back

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/paris-saint-germain-earns-more-093142937.html

Note the percentage is now higher along with PSG’s turnover having increased in that time.

QSI alone don’t make up 70%. You’ve misread the article which states:

That comes after this:

So after taking into account PSG’s entire income (through QSI) AND the Bein Sports payments to League 1, 70% comes from Qatari sources.

Ps that 1 billion pumped into French Football is over 3 years and is tiny in comparison with amounts paid by Sky into the Premier League per year (never mind over three years) and smaller still than Bein pay the Premier League for international rights.

2. manc_macca

manc_macca

It’s an article about French football and the funding of French football as well as the economic ties that extend between Qatar, France and UEFA.

It’s highlighting the connections between the parties involved and how far QSI (as a conglomerate of Bein, Al Jazeera and PSG et al) have the feet under the table and in so many pies that UEFA wouldn’t want to risk upsetting Khelifa and co.

Also it’s hardly a feature in the independent or from a media outlet with a budget, so you can’t begrudge it being short and sweet rather than over analysing the entire BeIN Sports network’s catalogue of tv deals across every country and sport...

3. Metalartin

Metalartin

The only thing I misread was it was Al-Jazeera(a state funded broadcaster in Qatar)owned by the chairman of QSI Nasser al-Khelaifi(also owns PSG)... the $1billion still equates to making up 70% for the duration of the deal that was struck for Al-Jazeera. I don't understand why it matters how the money is divided out as unfair as it is, that is the revenue which French Football receives and it does seem like artificial inflation. Since it's not QSI essentially that means we can even leave BEIN Sports out of the equation if that's your main beef?

Last edited: 6 Oct 2017
  4. SWP's back

SWP's back

Bein Sports is Al Jazeera mate. It changed its names from Al Jazeera Sport when it moved into the US three or four years ago as it sounded too close to Al-Quieda.

What percentage of the Premier League income is from Sky Sports? It’s not too far behind on percentage terms.

5. Metalartin

Metalartin

Haha Al-Quieda, fair enough I didn't know that. So is the only thing that changed the name? Or are they now part of QSI where they didn't used to be? Otherwise was the owner referenced as the chairman of QSI rather than QSI itself.
    Isn't Sky Sports UK based in Britain, self sustaining and not a Qatari state funded broadcaster more importantly? That's without going into the viewing figures, competition between broadcasters natively and abroad which drives the PL revenue up.

6. SWP's back

SWP's back

Yes, name change is all. I can understand the confusion sorry. One week I was paying for Al Jazeera the next week it changed to Bein Sport.

Sky is UK based yes but Bein Sport shows the live games in France. It’s like ESPN or Fox Sport coming into the UK. Canal Plus were pissed off as they had a virtual monopoly on French Football before.

Bein Sport is state funded like Etihad is mate. It’s simply the way Emirates do business. Bein and QSI make all the same noises about PSG and Franc that ADUG and Etihad make about City. (Etihad wasn’t self sustaining when they sponsored us and Bein are agressicely investing to move into new territories)

I’m not having a go at you at all, but we see similar stories about City as we do PSG and a huge amount of it is bluster these days. But I agree wholeheartedly that Qatar 2022, The airbus deal, the French fighter deal, PSG purchase and Platini are all linked but that’s been known for a while.

7. Metalartin

Metalartin

Yes it may seem hypocritical of us to point some of this out but we seem to get all the stick and we have no ties to UEFA... the good thing out this is I don't think even if UEFA wanted to do us over, they could do it without PSG being called into question and perhaps a FIFA style investigation from the outside into UEFA itself.

People do criticise our Etihad and ADUG links but there's nothing artificial about our revenue(the money, the crowds were always there in the PL as far as the investment comparison goes). If people bothered to compare, our sponsorship pales in comparison to most of the clubs pointing their fingers at us... we're actually offering great value to Etihad considering our position and viewing figures from what I've seen. I think we'll be watched even more this season thanks to Pep, we are playing beautiful football and people enjoy watching us play, even if they don't call themselves fans it's a positive thing(for sponsors rather than the kit makers perhaps).

To be fair we've managed to have a proper conversation here in the end so no explanations necessary.

8. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Revenue up, costs down....

9. allan harper

allan harper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4XmtZ2seac
    That because our staff are paid by CFG

10. Taylor

Taylor

Am I right in thinking that our accounts are due soon? Normally published October.