City Games v Villa or Spurs You Remember ?

Billy City

These next 2 home matches are going to be full of tension and will be fantastic atmosphere with Villa and Spurs taking their allocation. 2 games that spring to mind v these clubs that I was at was the Villa 1 City 5 when David White scored 4 that was a great night at Villa, the other one for me was City 5 Spurs 0 at Maine Road Barnes was brilliant and scored a beauty chipping the great Pat Jennings think it was 1977 ? I was still in nappies when we won in the Ballad on ice I'm sure some blues on here were at the match ? I seen it loads of times on video but not heard from any blues who witnessed it.

City 3 - 1 Villa

Benarbia came on and changed the game for us. Scored a diving header and I think Foe got one, possibly two.

Remember the 5 - 0 well. Barnes's goal was fantastic. I've also got a bit of a memory when we beat Villa round the same time and Kenny Clements setting up a Brian Kidd diving header into the Platt Lane.

blueshortshorts said:
Mcmanamanamanamnamans debut..only decent game he played forus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KYNU2Wh8Sg[/youtube]

Villa games that stand out actually mostly at their place
2-1 after going 40 odd away games without a win they had a great team that year and finished 2nd I think.
5-1 White scored 4 that was the season afterwards a rearranged game/

Spurs
who could forget the FA-Cup QF at Maine Rd the day the Platt Ln reopened

and the FA-Cup replay we won 4-3 with 10 men.

I just posted on another thread about the spurs game on ice, I was there that day it was one of the few games that went ahead that day as every where was snowed in and frozen and it was played with an orange ball. Mike Summerbee was unplayable that day and scored a great headed goal from a corner. We were on match of the day that night and everyone was raving about our performance. We were always a bogy team for spurs and even when they were winning cups and championships they never really managed to beat us. Happily I always think we are also a bogy team of villas and usually manage to get good results against them. So hopefully that will continue with the week ahead

I remember that McManaman debut, 4-1 I think it was. Anelka with a hat-trick, two of which were penalties and then Tarnat scored a screamer of a free-kick.

Edit: The video above was posted before I clicked submit!

For all the wrong reasons who went to Villa Park in the 80's? when Billy Mcneil was boss a 0-0 draw worse game I can remember and us and Villa went down, we had all the whitton lane end and the stand on the side fantastic support for a dire season.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:44 pm --<br /><br />
dick slexia said:
I just posted on another thread about the spurs game on ice, I was there that day it was one of the few games that went ahead that day as every where was snowed in and frozen and it was played with an orange ball. Mike Summerbee was unplayable that day and scored a great headed goal from a corner. We were on match of the day that night and everyone was raving about our performance. We were always a bogy team for spurs and even when they were winning cups and championships they never really managed to beat us. Happily I always think we are also a bogy team of villas and usually manage to get good results against them. So hopefully that will continue with the week ahead
Thanks for that mate great to here about the old matches, were you at that match at Maine Road when Corrigan kicked the ball out v West ham early 70's I think and Jimmy Greaves smashed it straight back into the net ? Seen that a few times on tv the pitch was like a river lol.

Billy City said:
For all the wrong reasons who went to Villa Park in the 80's? when Billy Mcneil was boss a 0-0 draw worse game I can remember and us and Villa went down, we had all the whitton lane end and the stand on the side fantastic support for a dire season.

-- Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:44 pm --

dick slexia said:
Thanks for that mate great to here about the old matches, were you at that match at Maine Road when Corrigan kicked the ball out v West ham early 70's I think and Jimmy Greaves smashed it straight back into the net ? Seen that a few times on tv the pitch was like a river lol.

Me also West Ham away last game of the season!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.