City Media - Coming Soon

Re: *CityMedia ~ NEW Website ~ VIDEOS, MUSIC, WALLPAPERS ETC...*

Good luck to ya matey.

And as for Skybluekings............. those grapes tasting a bit too sour???

Jnr Kisby said:
'this site is best viewed in internet explorer'

Fail. Make it work for firefox too and your onto a winner

It works just as good in Firefox - no difference. - see image in post below

remember they are previews and not the finished article, and things obv change. i have actually changed that anyway to IE and FF mini logos linking to their download pages.

change the picture at the top.. it looks like robinho is sucking cock!!!

Screenshot in firefox - bad image quality, as i did this in 10 seconds and had to minimize the size width to 800px to fit on forum

new.jpg

Re: CityMedia- New Website Coming Soon - VIDEOS, WALLPAPERS ETC.

skybluekings said:
I design websites for a living and make between £3000 - £5000 per site depending on programming requirements (php, mysql, ajax, flash etc.) and the size of website. Thats what I do on a day to day basis and if ANYONE in here can judge a website's style, functionality or outlook, it is most definitely me. His layout for the site is VERY basic and that's all I have said about it. If you guys want to sugar coat it then fine, but if he wants to have a respectable looking website he will have ALOT more to do.

With the amount of "updates" he has per day and the fact that he's using "paint" as a graphic design tool, tells pretty much that he's a young enthusiastic guy trying to do his best. My comments, as constructive criticism and as a web design professional, should make him want to do better.

and BTW, you don't really want to challenge me to make a Man City website...I just might take you up on it.

I believe you are a web developer due to your lack of interpersonal skills and tact. This is not an unfounded observation as if you are in the business then you will have possibly heard of a company called Logica (5th biggest global provider of IT consultancy services) included in that portfolio are as you can imagine vast teams of web developers, designers, engineers, programmers etc (we employ 40,000+ Globally). I am one of the senior managers in the uk for Logica and have to deal with the web design teams on occasion and in 95% of cases you see this arrogant, concieted and completely inappropriate attitude displayed which causes us to keep all but the good ones away from clients.
I do not like to blow my own trumpet and even I can read that this may come across as concieted but the tone of your above post aimed at someone trying to provide a service to fellow blues and maybe even develop into something that he may be able to make a few bob out of in hard times pisses me off no end and thus I have had my rant, now from experience I would suggest that some constructive help may enable you to expand your network of contacts and associates which is never a bad thing, Either that or go back to thinking your special when in fact your 10 a penny now and all indications are that the arse is about to fall out of your market.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
skybluekings said:
I design websites for a living and make between £3000 - £5000 per site depending on programming requirements (php, mysql, ajax, flash etc.) and the size of website. Thats what I do on a day to day basis and if ANYONE in here can judge a website's style, functionality or outlook, it is most definitely me. His layout for the site is VERY basic and that's all I have said about it. If you guys want to sugar coat it then fine, but if he wants to have a respectable looking website he will have ALOT more to do.

With the amount of "updates" he has per day and the fact that he's using "paint" as a graphic design tool, tells pretty much that he's a young enthusiastic guy trying to do his best. My comments, as constructive criticism and as a web design professional, should make him want to do better.

and BTW, you don't really want to challenge me to make a Man City website...I just might take you up on it.

I believe you are a web developer due to your lack of interpersonal skills and tact. This is not an unfounded observation as if you are in the business then you will have possibly heard of a company called Logica (5th biggest global provider of IT consultancy services) included in that portfolio are as you can imagine vast teams of web developers, designers, engineers, programmers etc (we employ 40,000+ Globally). I am one of the senior managers in the uk for Logica and have to deal with the web design teams on occasion and in 95% of cases you see this arrogant, concieted and completely inappropriate attitude displayed which causes us to keep all but the good ones away from clients.
I do not like to blow my own trumpet and even I can read that this may come across as concieted but the tone of your above post aimed at someone trying to provide a service to fellow blues and maybe even develop into something that he may be able to make a few bob out of in hard times pisses me off no end and thus I have had my rant, now from experience I would suggest that some constructive help may enable you to expand your network of contacts and associates which is never a bad thing, Either that or go back to thinking your special when in fact your 10 a penny now and all indications are that the arse is about to fall out of your market.

PMSL

Basically what Nixon is trying to say is, would you like to lend a friend?

Exactly. SBK may well turn out to be one of the most academically gifted people on here, but his lack of grace does him no favours. Picking faults in what a fellow blue (who may or may not be as qualified as him) is trying to do for City fans is small-minded in the extreme.

jimharri said:
Exactly. SBK may well turn out to be one of the most academically gifted people on here, but his lack of grace does him no favours. Picking faults in what a fellow blue (who may or may not be as qualified as him) is trying to do for City fans is small-minded in the extreme.

So i might not be AS qualified, but im certainly no amatuer and no idiot., either way though, This site will be amazing, like it or not :)

Thanks to all the blues for your messages of support -
FYI
Started Version 1.2 of design today, improving the navigation and introducing Blog and Music Pages for RealMancsAreBlue and The Tinkling Spoons.

Cheers

Tom
City Media

What are you using to design the page?

Dreamweaver?

BlueSinceBirth said:
Jnr Kisby said:
'this site is best viewed in internet explorer'

Fail. Make it work for firefox too and your onto a winner

It works just as good in Firefox - no difference. - see image in post below

remember they are previews and not the finished article, and things obv change. i have actually changed that anyway to IE and FF mini logos linking to their download pages.

in that case, nice one! looking forward to seeing it up and running.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.