City player with the hardest shot

citijen said:
have we forgotten Alan Oakes his goals were not one-offs many a 30/40 yard screamer smashed into the net

he scored a belter against middlesboro in the semi-final 4-0.

screamer.

A few on here have already said Tommy Caton (RIP)....he had an amazing left foot. I can vividly recall him hitting the crossbar a number of times at The North Stand end in the 80's. His 30 yarders were as legendary as Nicky Reid's barnstorming runs to the corner flags.

the goats backside said:
johnny on the spot said:
Sweep against the rags. 4-1.

Anyone remember the one he scored with his left foot at home one wet night, it flew in

Southampton or Villa i think it was, won goal of the month as well i think.

I'm a keeper in my futsal league but fuck being Harty and copping shots from Kolarov at the moment. I'd sub in Panti and enjoy a drink while watching the fireworks.

Balo's shot in the semi was a beauty though, he wouldn't be that far behind.

Just going away from City players,the hardest shots from anyone I have ever seen was Peter Lorimer,Leeds !
Remember on MOTD when they played Wolves away and he hit this remarkable 45 yard free kick from just inside Wolves half.
The Wolves goalie had to scramble to tip it away for a corner.

r.soleofsalford said:
lots of names talked about on these pages and lots in with a shout. but for me i`d say barney daniels.

does any else remember him
A poster called Barney Daniels does.

It's him and he comes on the MD Forum :)

As a couple have mentioned, Dunnie and Tarnat could belt it, but I'd go for Kiddo (back in the day).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.