City - the least racist team in the Premiership

scottyboi said:
paulgoater said:
No, I dont think it deliberately happens, but I just think it would be a momentous day, and a real sign of how England has changed for the better.

only 15-20 yrs ago we probably had no black players at all, but now there is the real chance that we'll have no white players.

so now you want no whites? Isnt this just the same thing 15 20 years ago in reverse? Regardless of colour who ever is the better player should play. What a load of shite mate.

^^^^^^^
This. Can you imagine the fuss had the OP said it the other way around....'let's have an all white team soon'? FFS it's rascist in reverse. A player is in on merit (Or if the manager like him...) not colour.

Think the OP might have missed the point a little but I guess his hearts in the right place.

This does remind me of an article I read just before the 06 world cup where there was some press coverage about the amount of 'black' players in the England squad. The Guardian interviewed them all and discovered that only a couple would describe themselves as black - I think all but three were mixed race and many thought it quite odd to be seen simple as black, some having been brought up by one white parent in white, middle class surroundings.

I seem to remember that Jermaine Defoe, who did think of himself as black, was really surprised to hear that some of his teammates didn't.

apart from james i cant think of any other decent black keepers

Shaka hislop ;-)

---------------------------
Neil ''shaka'' hislop is his first name. FACT!! ;)

Bojinov
Petrov
Bellamy
Johnson
Dunne
Bridge
Given
Zabaleta
Ireland
Hart
Garrido
Elano
Evans

I think we have plenty of white players dont you mate???

As far as racism goes in my eyes its as racist to want to see us field an all black team as it is to want us to have an all white team. And its credit to living in Britain that all teams have players from different racial origins - football mirrors the way people are encouraged to live their lives.

The fact that you saw them as black and white is rasict within itself.

Aslong as they are blue at heart it doesn't matter to me!

CTID

Considering on that night we were singing anti-German songs I think we undid any of this "least racism" on the pitch.

Oh I know lets have a totally gay team then we can be the first politicaly correct team as well...Then a totally tranny team and then..Oh I know we could field a whole team of women...lol..What as England become?

Vicky said:
Oh I know lets have a totally gay team then we can be the first politicaly correct team as well...Then a totally tranny team and then..Oh I know we could field a whole team of women...lol..What as England become?
Lol - Its become 'Everybodyisequaland' Vicky - and what's up with that? Nothing in my opinion.

I have often thought of the best black city eleven, what I have come up with is:

Alex Williams

Clive Wilson
Distin
Onuoha
Richards

Dave Bennet
Foe
Kompany
SWP

Anelka
The Goat

Struggling with left wing so put bennet in there, but I think that's quite a decent team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.