City Ticket Office- Help please?

Dan, I can fully understand your annoyance. And, apart from the girl's initial incompetence, the question must be WHY the club has closed the scheme suddenly and without giving notice. After all, the original instructions on the club website suggested that Cup Schemes could be joined at any time up until the first game was played in each competition. There was nothing to suggest that they would be closed more than two weeks prior to the first game!

I'm annoyed too because I phoned yesterday to join the scheme and get tickets for Napoli, only to be told the scheme had been closed. I could understand it if the schemes are closed a few days before the first game to collect monies etc, but why two weeks and with no prior warning?

glenowen said:
Dan, I can fully understand your annoyance. And, apart from the girl's initial incompetence, the question must be WHY the club has closed the scheme suddenly and without giving notice. After all, the original instructions on the club website suggested that Cup Schemes could be joined at any time up until the first game was played in each competition. There was nothing to suggest that they would be closed more than two weeks prior to the first game!

I'm annoyed too because I phoned yesterday to join the scheme and get tickets for Napoli, only to be told the scheme had been closed. I could understand it if the schemes are closed a few days before the first game to collect monies etc, but why two weeks and with no prior warning?

I'm pretty sure they advertised that it would close on the 26th of August actually<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:28 pm --<br /><br />
211ktpw.png

That image has been doing the rounds but i'd seen it previously.

as at 1.20 pm the membership FAQs section of the tickets and membership section of the club website shows that the cup schemes can be joined "before the first match in that particular cup competition takes place". A colleague of mine at work has been trying to contact customer services on the phone -although he has done commendably well in reducing his waiting time from 90 minutes to only 60 minutes he has not yet broken through despite several efforts. In the light of some of the club,s efforts on ticketing prices -Hamburg ,FA cup ,this year.s champions league opener .fixed early domestic cup games etc this complaint may sound as churlish as mancini,s complaint about the spurs goal on sunday but city you need to sort out this shambles. I suspect Danny Wilson will be a very busy man<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:44 pm --<br /><br />Simon - point taken -but why then tell us that the scheme is closed at lunchtime on Thursday 1st September

It isn't the closing date which is my complaint. My issue is I KNOW I requested the European cup scheme, and whether it did, or did not confirm this on an e-mail, it was confirmed to me over the phone that I had bought 4 season tickets and the 2 cup schemes. As far as I was aware that was me sorted, I did all this on the day it opened.

Now, if the e-mail did go to my Dad, and it did say only the FA cup scheme, then yes, it will be seen as our fault for not sorting this out. I haven't seen the e-mail yet though, and my Dad can't find it as of yet to check what it said. The fact is tho, a good system will not fail like this; I shouldn't need to check to see if a purchase has gone through. I was told it had gone through. It looks so unlikely that it is going to be sorted, but nevertheless, I think that is really disappointing.

dancity19 said:
It isn't the closing date which is my complaint. My issue is I KNOW I requested the European cup scheme, and whether it did, or did not confirm this on an e-mail, it was confirmed to me over the phone that I had bought 4 season tickets and the 2 cup schemes. As far as I was aware that was me sorted, I did all this on the day it opened.

Now, if the e-mail did go to my Dad, and it did say only the FA cup scheme, then yes, it will be seen as our fault for not sorting this out. I haven't seen the e-mail yet though, and my Dad can't find it as of yet to check what it said. The fact is tho, a good system will not fail like this; I shouldn't need to check to see if a purchase has gone through. I was told it had gone through. It looks so unlikely that it is going to be sorted, but nevertheless, I think that is really disappointing.

The problem is the number of people who didnt join the cup scheme thinking they would get a ticket anyway. How many do you reckon have phoned up and kicked of to get on it now, even so they was always going to close it before the first tickets went on sale.

It wouldnt be possible once the people who signed up have had their tickets bought, and in the case of the CL, seats relocated.

glenowen said:
Dan, I can fully understand your annoyance. And, apart from the girl's initial incompetence, the question must be WHY the club has closed the scheme suddenly and without giving notice.

They have closed it as i bet a lot have now requested to join once the ticket criteria for Munich away was released. A lot have thought oh shit!

sniff said:
dancity19 said:

The problem is the number of people who didnt join the cup scheme thinking they would get a ticket anyway. How many do you reckon have phoned up and kicked of to get on it now, even so they was always going to close it before the first tickets went on sale.

It wouldnt be possible once the people who signed up have had their tickets bought, and in the case of the CL, seats relocated.

Well yes, maybe. But the fact is is that I am not lying, whether they decide to believe me or not is a different matter. If the incompetence of the girl at the ticket office has let me down I'll be pretty disappointed. I expect you are right though, and I will probably be categorised with a group of people who they think are trying to pull the wool over their eyes and kick off to get on it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.