City to feature on Amazon prime doc

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by City Raider, 21 Sep 2017.

1. waspish

waspish

Because it will give them a taste of football on there platform and sky could be up against Amazon when the rights come up again, Richard Scudamore will be happy about it.

2. cptaidan88

cptaidan88

This could be Amazon's way of testing the appetite for football. If enough people watch it, they may determine its worthwhile entering the bidding process for the live rights. That will be a huge threat to Sky because either; 1) they will have to pay even more for the rights or 2) they will lose them altogether and lose a load of subscribers in the process.

Sky do not want a bidding war and the best way to avoid that is with fewer people bidding.

3. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

A sequel to the classic 1981 "City!" documentary. Great stuff. Let's hope this one ends in glory.

4. Henkeman

Henkeman

Remember that Amazon have already launched their Prime add on subscription channels, such as Eurosport. It's not hard to see that as testing the waters.

5. Chi-town blues

Chi-town blues

Sky is pissed now?
    Love it.

6. morleyswife

morleyswife

United will get a bigger deal. Everyone of their 650 million fans are willing to pay £100 each. Equals £65 billion deal. They will finally get Wesley Schneider sadly #worried

7. trevorriley

trevorriley

And also return of the legend @No7 #Ladyboy

8. Shaelumstash

Shaelumstash

Yeh guys, I totally understand why Sky wouldn't want Amazon bidding for live action rights. But as I pointed out in my post, Scudamore and the PL do this every single time the rights are up for negotiation - link a company that has no intention of bidding, and they never end up bidding.

Apple, Facebook and Disney all linked in the past with outbidding Sky for the rights, but it never happens. Amazon is just the latest company to be linked with bidding for the main rights, but they never do.

If you go back and look over the last few bidding cycles, the exact same story appears at exactly the same time across all the newspapers when the rights are due to go to tender. I'm sure Sky are wise to it by now.

Amazon making a documentary about City and Amazon bidding for the main UK Live TV rights to the PL are two completely different things. I don't think Sky will be at all concerned about the former, and given Scudamore's previous, I don't think they will be too concerned about the latter.

9. karen7

karen7

As much as i agree with whats been said about sky i hate watching stuff on my computer,city games only,i really don't want to pay amazon for it

10. @BluePhil8

@BluePhil8

£10m just to let Amazon poke a few cameras around.