City to play Girona on the 15th August

MCFC1993

12th August - Brighton (A)
15th August - Girona (A)
15th August - Rotherham (A) - Checkatrade Trophy
21st August - Everton (H)

3 days after the season has started, it looks like we're playing Girona away, I think it's our 1st team as well.

I mean if Pep thinks it's okay then fair enough, I guess we do have a 9 day period between games. Does seem a strange one though.

Last edited:
As long as it is played as a training friendly, and there are unlimited subs, I think it is fine.

It'll be good for the players to get a respite from the drench. ;-)

Think Girona play their first league game on the 19th. Feels a little odd, but hey ho. We'll probably have a few players for whom a run out might actually be beneficial, so it could be a good thing.

Might work depending on the players involved. Girona is really important to City - young players will be able to play against Barcelona, Sevilla, Real Madrid, Atletico etc. Great experience. I am looking forward to following them this season.

Is it behind closed doors? I'm pretty sure we did the same last year when we played st Johnstone

Is it behind closed doors? I'm pretty sure we did the same last year when we played st Johnstone
If it's for this 'Costa Brava Trophy' as stated then I doubt they'd play it behind closed doors, seems like a game they'd play in front of a crowd.

The St Johnstone one was only behind closed doors because we needed a game because the Derby was cancelled in China.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.