City to win the league and rags to stay up, or City to come 2nd and rags to get relegated. Which would you choose?

It always has to be what’s best for your own team has to come first, United being relagated won’t change much footballing wise as in there supporters would be unhappy for a few months until the new season starts but they would still be the biggest club in the world but a profile to match just like when they were relagated in the 1970s..
city need to always win trophies to build up there profile and relevance in the game.
I reckon speaking to most United fans of that vintage, they would say their promotion season of the 1974/5 season was one of their favourite pre-Premier League seasons. I certainly know a few.

City to win

United are nowhere near us anyway, so whether they fight to finish in the top 6 with teams like Villa like now or whether they get relegated doesn't matter much to us.

Mind you, if the second were to occur, then that would be fine too. If we come second and were simply the second best that season then I can live with that, it'll happen again sooner or later because that's football. Then I'd be absolutely delighted to see united relegated.

I'd pick the City win every time though. Its too tinpot to want to diminish your own success at the expense of a team that are nowhere near as good as you. We are well beyond that.

City to win. The chance we have to win the first ever 4 league titles in a row in English football shouldn’t be sniffed at. Everything else is secondary.

It always has to be what’s best for your own team has to come first, United being relagated won’t change much footballing wise as in there supporters would be unhappy for a few months until the new season starts but they would still be the biggest club in the world but a profile to match just like when they were relagated in the 1970s..
city need to always win trophies to build up there profile and relevance in the game.
I couldn't care less about our profile/relevance in other people's eyes, nor do I care about who has more fans or who the biggest club is. Those things are for children in the playground.

City are my club and the only one that matters to me.

Win the league easily. Fuck them. Couldn't give a shit weather they finish 2nd or 18th

I reckon speaking to most United fans of that vintage, they would say their promotion season of the 1974/5 season was one of their favourite pre-Premier League seasons. I certainly know a few.
Because they are full of shit and try to make out they are "proper" long standing fans.

Not one would have said that during Ferguson's dominant period!

100% us to win the league. The media buzz around them in the Championship would be unbelievable. I guarantee you their viewing figures for Championship games would eclipse any PL game. The hype would be off the scale. Let them continue in their mediocrity.

How about this scenario city to win the league and utd finish 2nd with the same points but city win it on goal difference with city getting 2 goals in stoppage time just when the rags thought they were champions, now wouldn't that be the most perfect way to win it. Hope it happens one day..

I couldn't care less about our profile/relevance in other people's eyes, nor do I care about who has more fans or who the biggest club is. Those things are for children in the playground.

City are my club and the only one that matters to me.
Yes can see the reasons why you would say however you have to understand why the relevance part and size of your club matters.. the important clubs get.. 50/50 decisions on the pitch.. get treated favourably when being charged by the F.A. For yellow and red cards.. have more power in nogotiations as in the authorities listen to you more and basically you can get away with more which strenghthen your position within the game.. most of this may seem unfair especially to the smaller or mid table clubs but we all know it does play a part

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.