City u19 v Gladbach

Definitely some overplaying, but it's easy to forget how young they are. To expect a 16 year old to be tactically astute and always make the right decisions would be unfair. More or less every kid at that age, regardless of how precocious they are, is prone to making bad judgement calls. How many times have we seen in the past a young 18 year old come on and lift a crowd with some brilliant runs and then moments later do the same and run down a blind alley? Just common really. Most important thing at the moment is their technique and ability. Pep will see them right in due course, don't worry.

Definitely some overplaying, but it's easy to forget how young they are. To expect a 16 year old to be tactically astute and always make the right decisions would be unfair. More or less every kid at that age, regardless of how precocious they are, is prone to making bad judgement calls. How many times have we seen in the past a young 18 year old come on and lift a crowd with some brilliant runs and then moments later do the same and run down a blind alley? Just common really. Most important thing at the moment is their technique and ability. Pep will see them right in due course, don't worry.

So true. Although there was plenty of talent and skill on show I would have that down as at best an average performance. We did give the ball away too often and very sloppily and against a better side might have got punished but Sancho is 16, Diaz 17,Fernandez just 18 I think. Francis maybe just 17, Smith who came on is 17 this week. We had 5 in that side I would say are out and out attacking players so it's inevitable we get stretched and the oppos create a few worrying situations.

It's going to happen but they are great to watch whether it's 18's, 19's or the EDS and they are learning and developing all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.