City v Arsenal post match thread

Critical that a defenders short passing game is spot on, anyone can hit long. But first and foremost a defender has to be able to defend.

I don't think any of our cbs have a problem with short passing. Even Mangala. They might not be the absolute best at it but they are good enough to do it without too many problems.

None are great at any kind of defence splitting passes which it could be argued, Kolarov is capable of.

We are heading for problems IF we persist like this. We simply don't have the players & PL teams are clever enough to work out how to play against such publicly stated tactics.

Pep has a reputation for being incredibly single minded which is ok if you've got incredibly talented,intelligent players. We don't

It's going to get very interesting........particularly amongst some of the sensitive keyboard Warriers on here.

I imagine the sensitive keyboard warriors will be the ones who appear crying like babies & predicting armageddon if we lose a couple of games.

Some are already panicking in advance.

I don't think any of our cbs have a problem with short passing. Even Mangala. They might not be the absolute best at it but they are good enough to do it without too many problems.

None are great at any kind of defence splitting passes which it could be argued, Kolarov is capable of.
No good if Kolarov gets caught in possession or out of position just because he can hit a clean 50 yarder a couple of times a game.

It's the same every bloody pre season on here, we lose a game and the drama queens are out there is a different mindset from a friendly game and a competitive game and pre season has no bearing on the real season, it's training that's all

Some of his passing has been diabolical but he's also produced a couple of killer passes, one over the defence which Aguero should have scored from imo.

Might be totally wrong, but it could be an experiment for teams who try to press. Loads of short passing with an occasional sudden long range ball. He did Dortmund like that last season.

Think you're right.

A couple of great long range diagonals to Sterling yesterday turned defence into attack instantly. Kolorov is the only player in the team that can do that but what concerns me is that his defensive contribution is so weak. Surely there is someone else on the market who can play a a killer ball to the wings and still defend well?

John Stones perhaps?

Think you're right.

A couple of great long range diagonals to Sterling yesterday turned defence into attack instantly. Kolorov is the only player in the team that can do that but what concerns me is that his defensive contribution is so weak. Surely there is someone else on the market who can play a a killer ball to the wings and still defend well?

John Stones perhaps?

Don't think Stones can but maybe he isn't all we are looking at.

I imagine the sensitive keyboard warriors will be the ones who appear crying like babies & predicting armageddon if we lose a couple of games.

Some are already panicking in advance.
Don't really disagree but Pep was definitely playing games yesterday. That line up was so weak it's hard to believe the season starts in 6 days time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.