City v Bristol City Women 15 Oct 23 KO 1pm

Just like the first team… foot off the throttle, conserve energy. I wish we’d really go to town on teams. GD will be so important
The second half will not live long in the memory. Keating ne'er had a serious save to make, but the incessant passing across the pitch, interspersed with more than the occasional backpass is manna from heaven for the WSL clubs who have little attacking ambition and who play for the whole ninety minutes with five at the back, reinforced with three midfield defenders. We don't put pressure on teams where they have to get their defensive duties spot on. We press them and we look as though we have a promising attack on the cusp and then the fuckin' ball goes backward. Possession is but one aim and not a holy grail. Their goalie did have a decent game and made a few saves that could have been goals.

I'm not convinced from the three matches I've seen this season that we will be serious title contenders. We might perform as last season and not kill off teams that couldn't score a goal unless we gifted 'em one.

Jeez, I've just seen the table - we're top. Perhaps we can be serious title contenders. Ragamuffins drop points at home to Leicester!

Completely controlled that game today, would have been nice to add to our tally by a goal or two in the second half. Bristol shored up defensively a little second half, they offered nothing going forward and it's looking like it will be a long hard season for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.