City v Liverpool Post Match

dzeko01 said:
i was expecting more from Suarez, average performance.
me too. Going into the game I thought Suarez would give our centre-backs the run around

I dion't think Suarez plays well at all in the midfield role. I don't know why Liverpool don't play Sturridge and Suarez together.

Dzeko and Aguero, the latter in particular, haven't been playing well enough for a while now and Mancini probably thinks some public criticism might give them the kick up the backside they need. Dzeko is scoring goals without contributing a great deal to the team while Kun just isn't on form. For the last 15 minutes Aguero was absolutely magnificent and scored a wonder goal but before that he wasn't really involved. Hopefully Mancini's words will work and we can get back into this title race.

Thought Sturridge showed class not celebrating his goal. At least city got a draw to stop a press wankest of another Liverpool win on the back of a wondergoal by Gerrard.
Hard earned point,no lack of effort by the team sadly this is city's level.

robbieh said:
City Raider said:
balo and ndj gone, nastasic, maicon, garcia and sinclair in - not hard to work out the problem

we invested heavily to reach the top and stopped once we got there

whether its because mancini is 'deadman walking', as more and more media seem to believe, or it's something else, it needs sorting in the summer

Balo was a waste of space, 90 per cent of the time. NDJ who I loved is a limited player. Garcia has more upward potential than him. Maicon is a world class attacking fullback still. He has a great delivery and it almost paid off today. Rodwell has been injured most of the time.

Sinclair I admit does not look the requisite quality. So I reckon we have a better squad this year.

What has happened is that our standout players last year, Kun, Yaya and Silva have due to injuries or not played well below their level. That is hurting us.

balo scored some big goals for us in close games last season, spurs, everton spring to mind

if the players that have been brought in are an improvement, it's a marginal call and considering the investment in getting us there, it's a surprise we settled for that

I agree. Credit to Sturridge for not celebrating and his overall performance - bar the dive. Liverpool were very good and I think this is the first game we missed Yaya since he went to the ACON. Hopefully Yaya will be fired up for his return.

I also think we are crying out for another creative midfielder or wide man to help Silva and should have snapped up Cazorla or Hazard before the start of the season.

The optimism that perverted around this forum on August 16 th has now disappeared, and replaced with anger, dejection and disappointment. Rightly so, we are desperate now..

The game:We played poor and Liverpool’s movement, ball control and possession was something we couldn’t combat. You would have thought they were the home team. The goals from both teams were well taken and brilliant. That first half was quite simply the most disjointed and stoke-esque performance I have seen from City at home since 2009. I think the most frustrating aspect was that both Garcia and Clichy failed to effectively clear the ball on both goals, which led to shots. This is the only reason the goals were scored.

The tactics: I know, I know, I along with many others are “clueless” and we should “let Mancini do his job”. But for one, we should have matched their midfield with 3 men. This would have given us better shape and allowed us to constrict their midfield. I think the 3-5-2 worked to an extent, although it was done too late. Also, Mancini was right to bring on Maicon but it was for the wrong man and again, executed too late. The substitutions should have been:
Garcia > Maicon
Silva > Tevez

The season: The task has now diverted from climbing the Swiss Alps to hiking Mt. Everest. I could post on and on and write multiple pages on the future season or our frustrations, but I will make it short. I think the constant cries for restructure, both from a management and player perspective is unwarranted. You don’t win the league, come 2 nd the following season and sell, sell, sell (like many of you want). We now must take each game one at a time, build pressure on United and if it’s meant to be, the rest will take care of itself.

The most disappointing aspect was that our team doesn’t look like they have the belief or desire. I would have thought last year’s weaknesses would’ve turned to strengths, but it appears the adverse has happened. Shame really…

Regards, GB

Golden Balls said:
The optimism that perverted around this forum on August 16 th has now disappeared, and replaced with anger, dejection and disappointment. Rightly so, we are desperate now..

The game:We played poor and Liverpool’s movement, ball control and possession was something we couldn’t combat. You would have thought they were the home team. The goals from both teams were well taken and brilliant. That first half was quite simply the most disjointed and stoke-esque performance I have seen from City at home since 2009. I think the most frustrating aspect was that both Garcia and Clichy failed to effectively clear the ball on both goals, which led to shots. This is the only reason the goals were scored.

The tactics: I know, I know, I along with many others are “clueless” and we should “let Mancini do his job”. But for one, we should have matched their midfield with 3 men. This would have given us better shape and allowed us to constrict their midfield. I think the 3-5-2 worked to an extent, although it was done too late. Also, Mancini was right to bring on Maicon but it was for the wrong man and again, executed too late. The substitutions should have been:
Garcia > Maicon
Silva > Tevez

The season: The task has now diverted from climbing the Swiss Alps to hiking Mt. Everest. I could post on and on and write multiple pages on the future season or our frustrations, but I will make it short. I think the constant cries for restructure, both from a management and player perspective is unwarranted. You don’t win the league, come 2 nd the following season and sell, sell, sell (like many of you want). We now must take each game one at a time, build pressure on United and if it’s meant to be, the rest will take care of itself.

The most disappointing aspect was that our team doesn’t look like they have the belief or desire. I would have thought last year’s weaknesses would’ve turned to strengths, but it appears the adverse has happened. Shame really…

Regards, GB
Drivel

No desire. You can say we didn't play well. I'll agree with that, but despite not playing well as a team, the individual players gave everything so much so that it was Liverpool that were hanging on at the end from a position where they were controlling the game, and that happened not because of good team play, but from sheer will and desire

can someone tell me the song city fans song after dzeko scored today. i hear it often. only thing i can tell you it sounds like is woooo woooo. help appreciated

Marvin said:
Golden Balls said:

Garcia > Maicon
Silva > Tevez

Regards, GB
Drivel

No desire. You can say we didn't play well. I'll agree with that, but despite not playing well as a team, the individual players gave everything so much so that it was Liverpool that were hanging on at the end from a position where they were controlling the game, and that happened not because of good team play, but from sheer will and desire

The no desire and belief was not aimed at last night in particular, more so in reference to our campaign - in both league, cup and champions league efforts.

A shadow of the team from 2011/2012. Those players wanted it more then.

Golden Balls said:
Marvin said:
Golden Balls said:

Garcia > Maicon
Silva > Tevez

Regards, GB
Drivel

The no desire and belief was not aimed at last night in particular, more so in reference to our campaign - in both league, cup and champions league efforts.

A shadow of the team from 2011/2012. Those players wanted it more then.
Remember the games this season we've played away from home with 10 men and won.

If there's one thing this City team is known for it's our spirit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.