City v Liverpool UYL QF - 1pm, Wed 14th March

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by blue b4 the moon, 9 Feb 2018.

1. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Caught last 10 mins and pens.

Get in!!!!!

2. BlueNirvana

BlueNirvana

Well done young blues

3. FCBarca

FCBarca

Barcelona Juvenil A vs City in UEFA Youth League Semifinals April 20, 2018

I'll be in attendance

4. citizenyank76

citizenyank76

Congrata to them. Great win.

5. KCblue

KCblue

Chance at an all-English final. Wonder what it will feel like for Garcia taking on Barcelona.

6. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Ah, never thought of that!

I also thought we were gonna get bundled out of this tie by HT, but a fortuitous deflection, (original shot was covered by the keeper) took us in at HT 1-1. We then took the game to them in the second half. Somebody, Lucas, I think, way, missed an easy one from a few yards out that we FOCs in the East Stand could have wafted in with a team sheet! Very tight, entertaining game that could have gone either way! But along comes the pantomime of penalties but the villains this time were The Dippers. They missed three; we missed one. Two good saves from Grimmers, and a fingertip onto the bar for the winner! We're gonna get rumbled soon, but the show goes on! Good crowd too, for a lunchtime ko!

7. Stiff Little Wingers

Stiff Little Wingers

A few of us went for a work jolly and at £3 can’t complain. Maybe a couple of lagers beforehand affected judgement but I was a little underwhelmed on the whole. First half they were better especially their wide players who had more of an end product. Second half though City were a lot better but the final ball and composure not always there.( suppose because they are still young).
    Can’t make my mind up about Lukas Nmecha, a very inconsistent match for me, thought Matondo shook things up when he came on and impressed with the skill of Poveda and also with Laibeaudiere.
    Sorry though, the keeper does not let look good to me despite the penalty saves.
    Where is the next round played- does anyone know?

8. lancs blue

lancs blue

Semis and Final are in Switzerland, semi-finals on April 20th and Final on 23rd.

9. Delphinho

Delphinho

Poveda looks like a quicker Bernardo Silva, he was very good today. Tommy Doyle is going to be a star. He's just 16 and is playing for the U19s and the U23s. Like the look of Smith, Garcia, Latibeaudiere and Matondo as well

10. cleavers

cleavers

Well done young blues, there's a short article on the BBC website about us and Chelsea getting to the semi's, but the highlights (as always) are some of the comments.