City V PSG ticket Prices: 1894 Group statement in full

Well if a walk out cannot be possible in the eyes of the group due to unknown numbers fair enough but it only leaves a choice of either

25816.jpg

Or

Dortmund_fans5_3571664e.jpg

think the more effective would be the balls

To be fair the pricing at city is a bit of a joke....and it's unjustifiable imo

I have 3 season tickets at Barcelona I use for corporate entertaining. I have a chap who lives there and was on the waiting list for 8 years prior to being selected to get upto 3 seats. We paid about €1400 for all the tics (yes that's One Thousand Four Hundred Euro) which admit you to all league, copa del Rey, and chumps league games.....in your chosen seat. On top of this we had to pay about €300 for 'memberships' (can't remember if that was in total or per card...think the former). In any event, my point is, if the most successful club in the world can afford to have a sensible pricing policy....why can't the richest ?

Cheaper tickets for tourists and corporate schmoozers.....? That would be great.

Get the North Stand extended and half all the seat and SC prices and kids for £5? there will be a queue at the ticket office for tickets Unfortunately the Spanish mafia don't understand this so its up to us to do something about it I'm all in favour of a walkout after any dialog with the club is exhausted I can't believe that Danny Wilson and his team aren't aware of the true feelings of fans on this they must be being ignored

Get the North Stand extended and half all the seat and SC prices and kids for £5? there will be a queue at the ticket office for tickets Unfortunately the Spanish mafia don't understand this so its up to us to do something about it I'm all in favour of a walkout after any dialog with the club is exhausted I can't believe that Danny Wilson and his team aren't aware of the true feelings of fans on this they must be being ignored

Kevin Parker from the Supporters Club has met with Danny Wilson, Danny Wilson has said he will be taking everything to the board. Not heard anything back as yet.

In Germany, every price hike is protested fiercely. If clubs can get away with putting tickets up by a quid, they'll immediately look to raise them again. And on and on and on, as long as the 'customers' (that's what they seem to call us these days) accept it.

This is what I don't get. People have been talking about our prices for years now, and theres always a lot of opposition to those complaining. Surely every supporter should want the price to be as low as possible, some almost seem to celebrate being made to pay more.

The statements/letters from 1894 and City Watch have between them made all of the online newspaper sites. But not only that, Sky Sports and the PA have written stories about them.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...fans-to-protest-at-ticket-prices-for-psg-game

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

City told the Daily Mail that they had responded to City Watch about their statement (last paragraph: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490), but this isn't true. There's been no direct reply.

I can only speak for the City Watch statement, but it has been in nearly every newspaper (online editions), Goal, Sky Sports, PA, and has been retweeted by the likes of Henry Winter, Dan Roan, Duncan Castles, and others with large followings. Even one of the huge Away Day accounts (160k+ followers) and The FSF retweeted it. It has over 1,600 shares via the site, around 1,300 combined RTs + Favs on Twitter, and response has been mainly supportive (a few who disagree).

What's my point? It's that this is a very, very relevant issue that many are concerned about. It's not a small matter that will go away. Those numbers obviously don't reflect the City fan base completely, but I think do reflect a good sample size. I've had many replies/comments from people who can't afford to go, can't afford to take their kids, and many (also seems the case on here) sacrificing their bonus loyalty points to come off the European scheme because they can't or won't pay the prices. It's very disturbing to me to see more and more people pushed away. By the way, do City have our next generation of fans ready to replace all these people? Because I'm not convinced they exist in large enough quantities.

I don't think City are going to back down on PSG prices, but let's hope for a pleasant surprise. However, bad PR is no good for them and I'd at least hope they freeze season card prices now (as most other clubs are doing with the new TV money here) - or I can see further action taking place. What this has shown is that the national press will cover protests against ticket price hikes and I hope more and more fan bases do it. Many of these journalists have sent us messages saying they fully support protests against prices, so it's not all just for the benefit of themselves/their newspaper. Trevor Sinclair told us something has to be done. MANCHESTER CITY'S OWN CAPTAIN said something has to be done in an interview - respond to that one, City, if you won't respond to us.

In Germany, every price hike is protested fiercely. If clubs can get away with putting tickets up by a quid, they'll immediately look to raise them again. And on and on and on, as long as the 'customers' (that's what they seem to call us these days) accept it.

May I also add that the Supporters Club is quietly working behind the scenes presenting the fans' view at a high level and these will be made known to the board.

Many people are making their unhappiness known in different ways so let's hope the board get the collective message.

Keep up the good work mate, really need voices that have our best interests at heart using their influence for the good of the support. For too long we've been voiceless and that really works against us sometimes. We mustn't be afraid to rock the boat when it's absolutely necessary. The SOS showed just what can be achieved when the supporters come together.

You've gained a fan tonight.
I AM surprised that different supporters club branches have not kicked up a stink about the prices in general

£48 for a game vs West Brom, its important to use the anger from the PSG prices to highlight that matchday prices across the board need to come right down.

£48 for a game vs West Brom, its important to use the anger from the PSG prices to highlight that matchday prices across the board need to come right down.

Excellent point. Season ticket holders, myself included here, don't really notice the cost of individual tickets, but the impact on fans who buy game by game must be huge. And this applies to pretty much every club and match going fan in the country. As Moomba says above, who the hell doesn't want to pay less? I know for a fact that if I had to hand over £45+ every other week, it would cause problems and I'd not be able to go. Plus cup games on top of that, no chance.

I think this protest is an escalation of the general unhappiness over ticket prices, and, together with the Liverpool protest, has come at the right time with the new TV deal coming in and PL clubs having more money than ever before. We - and I mean fans of all clubs, as well as City - need to get behind this and see if we can do some good.

Time to cut out all the bullshit rivalry over empty seats, and look behind the cause of that. This is something the media at large can influence greatly.

Keep up the good work mate, really need voices that have our best interests at heart using their influence for the good of the support. For too long we've been voiceless and that really works against us sometimes. We mustn't be afraid to rock the boat when it's absolutely necessary. The SOS showed just what can be achieved when the supporters come together.

You've gained a fan tonight.

I'm glad you now have more of an idea as to what effort 1894 is putting in. wearethesouthstand in particular puts an incredible amount of time in behind the scenes and other people involved in the group do the same when organising displays, painting banners, etc. The group was initially set up just with a view to improving the match day atmosphere but it has expanded beyond that now into issues like this and we're happy to act on behalf of fans who are expressing their concern. As wearethesouthstand said though, over at Liverpool SOS deal mainly with fan-specific issues and the Spion Kop lads sort out their displays and banners, etc - we're trying to do both! So it's a bit of a struggle at times because we don't have a huge amount of numbers to call on plus we've got our own lives outside of football.

I'm hoping that all the statements from the different groups will galvanise the club into doing something about not just the PSG game but the way they price matches in future. There's a definite groundswell amongst the core support now that while we may have been accepting in the past, we've reached a point where we're concerned just how far this might go if it continues unchecked. It will be interesting to see what the season ticket renewal prices are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.