City v Shakhtar Post Match

As well as we are undeniably doing, if the manager thinks that we can still do better - and he does - then why can't the supporters?
There's always room for improvement. But as a fan of over 40 years and had lots of my summers ruined by relegation, constant piss taking every Monday morning in work off rags for years on end, I'm just enjoying the ride.

A rare occasion for me watching City on BT - and your summary is spot-on. Hargreaves was pretty decent whereas Darke was just like the rest - a boring fuckwit offering nothing by way of interesting insights or information.

Meanwhile a solid job by City, with Delph, Kevin and Ederson the stand-out contributors in another important win.
Same as missed the first 20mins,as couldnt make going tonight.H was positive,while the prick was only negative..

Sergio isn't an especially great penalty taker, he'll miss the odd one or two a season it's no big thing.

Brilliant goal from KDB but i thought he was quite poor tonight, particularly in the first half, made a lot of wrong choices trying to force it. Not bad though when yyou can have a poor game and still produce a goal like that.

Fernandinho was everywhere, still feel like we're too reliant on him defensively but when he puts in performances like that there's not much to worry about.

Ederson deserves a lot of credit tonight, only made 1 comfortable save of any note but his presence at the back is very commanding and reassuring. His shout to claim the cross before releasing it for Leeroy to win the penalty was heard from halfway up 115 mid song, was superb to hear. his quickness to react to something and close space down is probably the best i've seen, he's absolutely electric in that regards. A lot of money was paid for him but you can definitely see why it was.

He wasn't close to man of the match tonight though, that accolade goes to Delph. A superb performance in a somewhat alien position, looks far more assured there than Danilo does. Different level having Willian/Pedro running at him with Moses in support on Saturday but i'd have more faith in him than Danilo

Brilliant second half yet again. One thing that pissed me off though was the amount of Shaktar fans sat around me. was sat right next to one who was getting right animated every time they went forward and also a few sat directly behind me who wouldn't shut up the whole game! Delphi was amazing, seems like a good lad an all. Definitely motm.

Silva was the best player on the pitch for 20 mins of the second half. Wasn't at his best in the first 45 tbf but grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck after that. Delph was indeed superb for the full 90.
This. Noticed a couple of times when he collected the free ball during an end-to-end momejt when he turned and held it for a moment to calm things back down, let people get back into position and give them a moment's breather. Great game managememt to stabilise things - we didn't want it turning crazily random at 1-0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.