City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be in the CL next season and by far the best way to achieve that is to finish third and avoid a qualifying round. The chances of us beating Madrid and whoever else are not overwhelming. Our chances of beating Southampton with a weakened team aren't overwhelming either.

Bony is too out of form to play instead of Aguero.

It's not that hard to figure out.
I have not suggested playing bony. Nacho can play. Aguero looked knackered against madrid, rest him so he is fired up for semis. For many of the players playing (aguero, silva, kdb, kompany) it is their first shot and may well be their last shot at getting to a cl final, it is bound to be in their heads to save energy for the second leg so even playing them is risky for the Southampton game. We still have yaya, Nasri, nacho, zaba et all who can play and beat Southampton without having to risk playing our top players. No need for bony to play in either game.

I think the club philosophy is that if we keep progressing and improving the trophies will follow. Reaching the semi final of the CL is significant progress, even if we do not win it this year.

Dropping out of the top 4 would be hugely regressive.
Fair enough point. However given that we now have the best chance we have had of winning it and we don't give ourselves the best chance of beating Madrid I think the club owners might just not be so happy......neither would players such as kompany, aguero, kdb, silva who now have the best and maybe only chance of their careers to reach a cl final. They wouldn't be human if that wasn't in the back of their minds and so conserve energy. Play the players who are not likely to start against Madrid.....ie yaya Nasri nacho. Perfectly good enough to do a job today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.