City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Not sure what to think or feel after that , just got back and scratching my head wondering why Im not gutted or any of the normal feelings after city lose ..... Think frustration is my overriding feeling because I still feel with 11 men on the pitch we would have got a positive result.
The officials were diabolical tonight and in Europe football is turning rapidly into a non contact sport.

Few things I think: MDM had a good match before the sending off, sure the tackle was outside at first but it carried in so if that happened against us we probably would have been screaming for it; was not a fan of the refereeing; if any team can overturn this deficit against them it would be us so we are still in it with a fighting chance.

Well done to everyone involved and here's hoping we can motivated to have a strong end to the season!!

CTID

mike channon´s windmill said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
In hindsight that was the formation we should have played in the second leg. Happy enough to get to half time all square but I'd have swapped Kolarov and Navas for Nasri & Jovetic for the second half.

This all day long - spot on - sadly

Hallelujah , we have the winning answer ....

l reckon he was maybe gonna do this on sixty minutes but fate intervened just before ...

However , bearing in mind this was the home leg it should have been done earlier anyway .

Proud of the team tonight.

Until we went to 10 men and a iffy pen we had every chance of winning.

Barca are soft ass moaners and not for the first time in Europe I feel cheated by the officials.

Real shame they got a second but a 3-1 win and we're through. If not we can go all out for the treble.

CTID

citymad said:
malg said:
Damien10 said:
Just one thing I noticed, and that's fans leaving the stadium before the final whistle. The players played with heart today, especially being down to ten men against a team of Barcelona's class. It would of been easy for them to of given up after the penalty went in, but they fought hard to try come back. Incredible performance with ten men, the only thing that was missing was a goal. Well done to the players for fighting until the death. Now they must fight until the death in the 2nd leg.
It was fucking shocking, looked like a bloody fire drill.

Nothing new. They didn't have any faith on the team to get an equalizer. Its mind boggling.
It's sad, tonight the team definitely deserved some appreciation for there efforts. It would make the players come of the pitch much happier knowing they have the support of the fans, it would of been a positive end, and one of which could of helped the club move forward from this together.

Manx Blue said:
I thought we played better when Nasri and Silva were on tonight.

Now if we can devise a 5 man midfield which will keep us in the game in Barca, but also allow us to capitalise on opportunities that arise through having Nasri and Silva on, thenwe will win.

Problem is they´ll have another Barca loving ref and in front of an entire tight arsed thieving Catalan nation we don´t have a hope. Now I´m paying 93 euros for basically a dead rubber coz of a shite ref killing the tie stone dead - three mistakes in 30 seconds ffs! - that´s what pisses me off - not losing. At 0-1 it was all to play for with Serg back for the 2nd leg still game on - Barca acted like flat track bullies when we went down to 10
Thankfully this is the one I least expected us to win this season
Some fooker´s gonna have to pay for this - be afraid Mackems!

TCIB said:
willy eckerslike said:
Decent performance by the lads tonight, but the gulf in quality is plain to see when we are compared against the big three. Pretty much the reason I don't get too excited about this competition, yet.

We need to improve key areas of the squad but can't spend big, like teams have been able to do in the past, due to the FFP farce as we need to show we are moving in the right direction. Luckily the increased revenue from the expanded stadium and the benefits of the youth system will eventually bear fruit, but unless we are extremely lucky in the transfer markets, I foresee it'll take us another 5 years to reach the level required to win this competition.

That is just tosh, we did Bayern and they did want to win so non of this "they were not arsed" shit, i can show you how gutted they were after if needs must.
We just came unstuck against arguably the best team around, JUST.
I saw no gulfs tonight at all so your talking shite.

In fact i think your a troll, 5 years my fucking arsehole.

I'll assume you're either pissed or pissed off, but having a different opinion doesn't automatically make anyone a troll. We are crying out for a CB so why didn't we get one in January - because the club need to show control in the transfer market spending. Tonight we played well in parts but also put quite a few passes astray and resorted to long punts upfield from Hart which inevitably gave possession back to Barca. At ten men down we should have taken the 1-0 defeat but instead went searching for a goal. On our day we can beat anyone BUT I'm not sure we can do it regularly, at this level we look very inexperienced and naive. If you think just upgrading Lescott and MDM will fix it, then that's your opinion -I think we need more.

MDM was actually having a decent game ....until he was sold down the river by the otherwise immaculate Vinnie showing a mometary lapse in concentration and stepping back in to play Messi onside ....however , l don't think anyone expected Navas to concede possession so easy , whether fouled or not ...

blue b4 the moon said:
Proud of the team tonight.

Until we went to 10 men and a iffy pen we had every chance of winning.

Barca are soft ass moaners and not for the first time in Europe I feel cheated by the officials.

Real shame they got a second but a 3-1 win and we're through. If not we can go all out for the treble.

CTID

Me too. Bent as a nine kroner note!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.