City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Chelsea will try to do what Arsenal, Tottenham, Norwich, United, and all the other visitors have done this season, apart from Bayern Munich.
Unfortunately for Chelsea, they don't have the skill,class or fitness to do what Bayern did, so they are going to go exactly the same way as all the others.
They need to start therapy NOW, so as to be able to deal with the psychological damage about to be inflicted on their careers.
Prepare to be overwhelmed Jose! Best wear your brown tracksuit bottoms - your parked bus is soon to be devoured by the Mancunian Beautiful Game Machine, and once again, it will be a delight to behold.
Amen.

Team picks itself.

.......................Negredo.............Dzeko......................

.........Silva.........................................................Navas
..........................Yaya..........Fernandinho..................

Kolarov.......Demichelis.......Kompany.......Zabaleta

.........................................Hart....................................

wagonman said:
cibaman said:
gmckennasell said:
goal difference is as good as 4 points

The size of the gap will not affect Mourinho's tactics for the game. He'll still be delighted with a draw. Perhaps even more so. Stay in contention. To him a 3/4 point gap isn't anything to worry about, but 6/7 is a different kettle of fish.

Did he tell you that or are you guessing?

JJ

He said something very similar earlier in the season. Cant remember the context

the blue panther said:
Maybe Chelsea will try to do what Arsenal, Tottenham, Norwich, United, and all the other visitors have done this season, apart from Bayern Munich.
Unfortunately for Chelsea, they don't have the skill,class or fitness to do what Bayern did, so they are going to go exactly the same way as all the others.
They need to start therapy NOW, so as to be able to deal with the psychological damage about to be inflicted on their careers.
Prepare to be overwhelmed Jose! Best wear your brown tracksuit bottoms - your parked bus is soon to be devoured by the Mancunian Beautiful Game Machine, and once again, it will be a delight to behold.
Amen.

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER !

Playing Matic would be very risky for them. He's probably a good player, but unproven at this level. Not sure this is the match for Chelsea to find out he's Javi Garcia part 2. I could see a sub appearance for each of the new signings for Chelsea, but starting with them would be a very bold choice.

Mourinho is probably smart enough to figure out that you have to disrupt our play, press and close, mark the hell out of Silva and hope for the best. This is easier said than done, however, and I tend to feel that it's easier to get your team to do it when they're less skilled.

Nonetheless, we should respect that side from their stroke of luck (and how much better does the table look if Chelsea is minus 2 points?) they did play us well at their place. I don't think this will be a walk in the park, especially without Aguero. We've been so strong at home that you have to think we'll at least draw, but 3 points here would be so massive.

teddykgb said:
Playing Matic would be very risky for them. He's probably a good player, but unproven at this level. Not sure this is the match for Chelsea to find out he's Javi Garcia part 2. I could see a sub appearance for each of the new signings for Chelsea, but starting with them would be a very bold choice.

Mourinho is probably smart enough to figure out that you have to disrupt our play, press and close, mark the hell out of Silva and hope for the best. This is easier said than done, however, and I tend to feel that it's easier to get your team to do it when they're less skilled.

Nonetheless, we should respect that side from their stroke of luck (and how much better does the table look if Chelsea is minus 2 points?) they did play us well at their place. I don't think this will be a walk in the park, especially without Aguero. We've been so strong at home that you have to think we'll at least draw, but 3 points here would be so massive.
No reason Matic won't start and he's exactly the sort of player you want against City. He's been great in his two appearances and we know what he can do from meetings with Benfica in Europe. He's also a former player, not a complete unknown to us and I think it'd be a mistake to leave him out here.

Whatever homework Chelsea do towards Monday nights game they'd better do it well because they'll never be battered like we'll batter them and if they're not 100% drilled, disciplined and on it they'll know very quickly because we are on fire, unmerciful and trained to kill.......BRING EM ON !

Chelsea Should comfortably win 3-1, City only knows how to attack, but cannot defend in solid shape, attacking in waves will play to our strengths because we will pick them off on the counter, the same way we did against Bayern Munich in the Super Cup but penalties was our undoing on that particular evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.