City Vs QPR The Final Game Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the "i'm absolutely bricking myself" thread.

For the derby and Newcastle, I somehow managed to get my mind off the upcoming games until it got closer to the day. This week, its impossible, I can think of nothing else. Logic tells me that with our squad versus QPRs, with our home record, with this new City, with a winner as our leader, with Joe & Vinnie & Yaya & GB & Silva & Sergio etc, we won't screw this up. But its always possible and I just want the game to come now. Once I'm there and with a few bevvies tucked away, I might be able to relax, but I doubt it. Please God, we'll get the job done.

Typical City keeps coming into my mind, fluke goal, sending off or a penalty keep cropping up in my mind. I'm not getting bladdered before the game as I want to savour this day, I just hope our players don't let us down and I'll be celebrating in alcohol instead of drowning my sorrows. I just keep getting flashing images of Mondays papers saying "Hughe's Revenge". Please if there is a God let 445pm on Sunday be the day we banish the demons for good.

Nerves jangling for Rags & Barcodes, not at all for QPR. Can't explain why not - it certainly ain't over-confidence otherwise I may have been for the previous two matches.

Bring 'em on, I say!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNcTL10fZ-o&feature=related[/youtube]

I hate it, really hate it.

Everytime I play Fifa I'm getting thumped, the players touch is rubbish, they can't score open goals as a defender or a keeper literally comes from nowhere to stop them and Vinnie and J can't defend for toffee. I've never been thumped before in online matches and I conceded 16 goals in 3 games last night to my 1 scored.

Something seriously dodgy is going on or it's the most clear omen for Sunday. The wife is getting annoyed because I'm on the edge all the time and quite snappy and I'm glad it's my last week in this current job otherwise I'd probably get sacked because of my crap productivity at the moment.

I can think of nothing but City, so much so that I've started composing a song - yes a proper verse & chorus number. Just utter rediculous because I'm crap at those things.

I'll be sure to post it somewhere and share it on here for shits and giggles when it's done!

Last night the missus wanted some boxes out of the loft to peddle some gear on eBay-got up there and did a bit of rummaging and came across the original Manchester Evening News sport pull out dated May 22nd 1968 celebrating City's league title win-my uncle handed it down to me along with programmes of the same era-i couldn't fucking look at for long as i was convinced it was a bad omen looking through it!!! My nerves are in tatters about Sunday,waking up at daft o'clock convincing myself we are going to win but equally convincing myself we are going to fuck it up.

Incidentally even back then the bias towards United is so evident-we had just won the league but the pull out was all about United and the trip to the European Cup at Wembley!

I've told the missus to expect me to come hold bladdered,not sure i will get home though if we fuck it up!

Imagine this scenario, City are winning 4-0 at half time, and it ends up 6-0 at full time. For all the people who want City to trip up it's been the biggest anti-climax ever. The City fans will be wondering why they were ever worried about QPR and the unjustified 'hype' they could beat the new CHAMPIONS of English Football!

If you want to take your mind off Sunday's game and wallow in the past, visit my blog! <a class="postlink" href="http://city1894.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://city1894.blogspot.com</a>

Been nervous since Everton scored the 4th, gradually got worse to me now being a wreck

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Ban....hope these help.

Last 28 home league games W26 D2 L0

Last 5 games W5 scoring 15 conceding 1

Qpr last 6 away games L6

Qpr away form 20/20 in division worse than wolves!

19 attempts at Newcastle away!

Rags no attempts on target last week.

Qpr lost 13 out of 18 away.

Last 6 qpr away games conceded 17 goals.

Only game we didn't win at home, no Tevez, no aguero, no lescott and kompany first game back from injury. Also no clichy.

45000 fans v 2900 fans

Yes anything can happen in a one of game but the stats point to a city win.

I am nervous and can think of nothing else but I am confident and optimistic which for me is quite something :)

I'm printing this off and putting one copy in my wallet and one by the side of my bed. This week is dragging already.<br /><br />-- Wed May 09, 2012 9:14 am --<br /><br />
fergal_oc said:
I hate it, really hate it.

Everytime I play Fifa I'm getting thumped, the players touch is rubbish, they can't score open goals as a defender or a keeper literally comes from nowhere to stop them and Vinnie and J can't defend for toffee. I've never been thumped before in online matches and I conceded 16 goals in 3 games last night to my 1 scored.

Something seriously dodgy is going on or it's the most clear omen for Sunday. The wife is getting annoyed because I'm on the edge all the time and quite snappy and I'm glad it's my last week in this current job otherwise I'd probably get sacked because of my crap productivity at the moment.

I can think of nothing but City, so much so that I've started composing a song - yes a proper verse & chorus number. Just utter rediculous because I'm crap at those things.

I'll be sure to post it somewhere and share it on here for shits and giggles when it's done!

For the superstitious ones of us on here, can you confirm its because you are actually crap at Fifa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.