City vs Roma CL 30th Sept 2014 pre match thread

chris85mcfc

Sorry to start a thread when we have a PL game beforehand but didn't think the below warranted a thread on its own

Just saw on Roma's twitter page that they are expecting De Rossi to be out for 2 - 3 weeks so will miss our game

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.asroma.it/en/news/medical_report_de_rossi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.asroma.it/en/news/medical_report_de_rossi/</a>

seems like an Achilles injury

CALLING ALL IRISH BLUES We're going to be in Dublin on 30 September. Any suggestions as to where we could watch the Match? We're staying around Talbot Street.

If any Blues are at Fairyhouse Races before the Match, we'll see you there!

Thanks

Mattyc55 said:
5 wins in 5 for Roma... very good team.

I agree, only seen bits of them but they look good.

They remind me a bit of when Borussia Dortmund were drew in our group and everyone wrote them off yet they absolutely destroyed us and topped the group even with Real Madrid in it.

Roma are not to he underestimated.

sam-caddick said:
Mattyc55 said:

They remind me a bit of when Borussia Dortmund were drew in our group and everyone wrote them off yet they absolutely destroyed us and topped the group even with Real Madrid in it.

Maybe not but looking at their squad, particularly without de Rossi, I'd imagine they won't have much on dortmund

Not selling tickets in the third tiers on the online planner? Looks like we're getting a poor attendance for this one?

The Fat el Hombre said:
sam-caddick said:
Mattyc55 said:

Maybe not but looking at their squad, particularly without de Rossi, I'd imagine they won't have much on dortmund

Not selling tickets in the third tiers on the online planner? Looks like we're getting a poor attendance for this one?

Keita is playing brilliant football, much better than De Rossi, I wasn't really expecting that, he never stands out but he doesn't waste a single possession. He ages like wine.

Roma should be tecnhically more gifted than Dortmund, but pace it's what made that Borussia special, insane pressing, we're not even close.

Iturbe anyway is a major blow up for us, while Castan and Astori can be replaced by Manolas and Yanga-Mbiwa just fine.
Regarding midfield, Pjanic-Keita-Nainggolan are still great despite De Rossi-Ucan-Strootman being injured, but they started to look a bit tired and the only replacement left is Paredes (20yo), which is a great prospect but very inexperienced, he played 50 minutes or so in Serie A last season with Chievo Verona, basically nothing. Hopefully he'll have a big chunk of minutes against Hellas Verona on Saturday, replacing anyone of the aforementioned trio.

Gervinho played his worst game yesterday and should, but unlikely will, rest.

P.s. Pjanic's free kick yesterday was a beauty.

p.p.s Hopefully against Verona he'll score another one like this.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOMqFcl-3hQ[/video]

At 00.54 there's an example of Roma's fast break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.