City Vs Stoke Post Match Reaction Thread

Andouble said:
Milner was brilliant tonight. In the middle he's much more creative than I've ever given him credit for and an unlimited supply of energy. I am a fan of both he and Barry and whilst both are likely to be more phased out next season with incoming transfers, Milner offers us more.

77 of 88 passes and an assist tonight, sublime.
MotM if Tevez hadn't stolen the show!

Hopefully, if we sign a new winger, it will free Milner up to play more centrally, probably alternating with Yaya.

more lazy than useless said:
Andouble said:
Milner was brilliant tonight. In the middle he's much more creative than I've ever given him credit for and an unlimited supply of energy. I am a fan of both he and Barry and whilst both are likely to be more phased out next season with incoming transfers, Milner offers us more.

Hopefully, if we sign a new winger, it will free Milner up to play more centrally, probably alternating with Yaya.

Hopefully not, Milner seems to really suit the deeper role (i.e. in place of Barry) with the option get forward in support.

Celebritykiller said:
Andouble said:

Hopefully not, Milner seems to really suit the deeper role (i.e. in place of Barry) with the option get forward in support.

Wasn't it Yaya playing deeper tonight? Looked it to me.

Anyway, what I ment was Milner seems to be held back to use as a winger because we are short in that dept (as Mancini won't play SWP), so buying a winger frees him up for the more central role he is best suited to but doesn't get to play.

But wherever he plays, I rate him and like to see him play.

Great tonight, Stoke really are piss poor not sure why i was so worried about Saturday

Poor Zab kicking the board and bottle in frustration

Celebritykiller said:

Wasn't it Yaya playing deeper tonight? Looked it to me.

Anyway, what I ment was Milner seems to be held back to use as a winger because we are short in that dept (as Mancini won't play SWP), so buying a winger frees him up for the more central role he is best suited to but doesn't get to play.

But wherever he plays, I rate him and like to see him play.

Still looked like Yaya furthest forward to me, difference was Milner joined to attacks more eagerly than Barry.

Another thing I've noticed is that Mancini has decided when playing Milner wide (as happened at Spurs & Stoke for periods) he played him on the right side - which is far better and works against a tired full back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.