city vs West Ham united. Pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
mancity111 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
For the first time in his City career I agree that Kolorov should start. He shouldn't have any defensive duties to speak of so shouldn't be a problem. Let's hope that left peg of his has its radar switched on tonight.

Something like one of those Tarnet fizzers but with his own curves wouldn't go astray.

As you say DD set pieces and corners may be the key.

Despite having Johnson they are small at the back with their injuries.

It's says alot about their plight if a 30 plus reject from Wolves goes straight into the line up.

Yeah, when Kolorov's radar's on he can be skimming every ball from wide along the six yard line. When it's off it's like a loose hosepipe.

And I would say we are the best team in the league at corners and free kicks now. We have scored a ton of goals that way - particularly the flick on. Huge credit to Pellegrini for that - it's a great extra weapon to have in our armoury, Particular in games against defensive teams. It doesn't matter how many banks of four they line up if you can whip a good set piece in.

Oh for the accurate cross whipped in with pace from players who can track back consistently , when we get that happening and it may have to be with new players next season along with somebody who makes VK look a tad ordinary we will be the complete package.

For now if Martin could get his headers on target would be a lethal weapon in that regard.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
903585_Manchester_City.jpg

This.

Didsbury Dave said:
levets said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I certainly agree that this will be a one-sided attack v defence game. And without Aguero, and his movement, and Navas with his crossing in tight spaces and ability to win corners, it might not be easy.

It's going to be a game where we need to be patient. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us score from a corner or free kick. We do this pretty much every week and it's a big positive in these type of games against defensive teams. Dzeko's poor control will hamper our ability to pass straight through their lines, but I'd hope our full backs can create overlap situations and put balls in the box he can convert.

I think it will be dour but I don't think they'll be good enough to hold out well enough. It only take one error or one piece of magic for us to score, and we certainly have the intimidation factor which could see them capitulate if we do that early.

We aren't playing particularly well at the moment but I'd hope this is the game we get ourselves back on track with a comfortable victory.

but I'd hope our full backs can create overlap situations and put balls in the box he can convert.
==============

This is spot on.... and it is key that Kolarov starts.. no argument

For the first time in his City career I agree that Kolorov should start. He shouldn't have any defensive duties to speak of so shouldn't be a problem. Let's hope that left peg of his has its radar switched on tonight.

For the first time in his City career I agree that Kolorov should start.
==========
What???? Easily our best left back now... For me he has surpassed Clichy now.

Markt85 said:
levets said:
Markt85 said:
i would take a 2-0 defeat

You won't progress with a 2-0 defeat Mark... do you think you can stop City scoring at the Boleyn?

2-0 is respectable enough for us

if we took a 1-0 lead at home, it would be a whole different game, players fired up and crowd then who knows.

I understand what you're getting at....I'm not dissing the Hammers... have a lot of respect and a soft spot for you lot and know a few of your 'livelier' Plaistow lads from back in the day.

I just feel a 2-0 deficit for the Hammers is game over... reasoning is, if we score (and we're likely to) at yours, you will need 4 to knock us out..

Anyway mate... we'll see tonight. I think Hammers will be parking 2 buses... so to speak.

mancity111 said:
samharris said:
mancity111 said:
I had already forgotten about them when I joined this forum in 2005.
you should know better then.. you were there through the bad times and you also must have suffered at the rag taunts..
maybe you dont thinks its correct to take the piss and tbh thats your choice..but please stop with the high and mighty shite with those of us who do..
you really should try it fella..its great!!

Have you ever thought its better to ignore than concentrate good bad or indifferent on the opposition.

Its not high and mighty and I care little for taunts , they are for lttle kids.

Manure mean nothing to me , of course I prefer them struggling , I remember Law in the seventies and the back heel maybe your too young to remember but in anycase whatever turns you on my friend.

But perhaps I am different to you , I celebrated our winning the title after 44 years not because we beat Manure in the last two minutes but because we finished top and deservedly so.

Perhaps all that concerned you was the fact we pipped Manure to the finish line but who cares , when your grandchildren look back all that will be remembered is who finished top and how it was done so in dramatic fashion at COMS , not what happened at the Stadiium of Light.

I only care about us beating them everytime we play them same as any other side.

As Mae West said its better for them to be talked about badly than not at all and you are doing your best to hold to that truism fella.

The ultimate insult to Manure would be when they are given as much coverage as Wolves currently get in the mainstream media.

I had to chuckle when the Sunderland / maure count passed 600 in last nights game on this forum.

As I said unless we are getting done or playing well below expectation tonight we won't get near that post count.

The Rag obsession on here is bemusing at best but when many of us get bored I guess some of us tend to drift to things Red.

For me its blue all the way my friend.

-- Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:17 pm --

Markt85 said:
Cheadle Blue said:
It will be facinating to see what team west ham put out tonight, with that list of injuries and cardiff at weekend

I think he will put out similar teams for both games, hence why everyone was rested against Forrest

my guess would be :

----------------Jussi---------------
Demel Johnson Macca Rat
------------ Diarra ------------
Downing Noble (if fit) Ravel Diame
----------------Cole------------------

Noble would have to make quite a recovery to be available for either game I would suggest but his presence would certainly give your side a much needed boost.

I must be an unusual city supporter then because when the rags lose it gives me great pleasure and yes I do remember the Law back heel. If you are so uninterested in the rags why where you on the match forum counting the number of post last night. I also celebrated winning the title after 44 years was it a little sweeter cause we pipped them O YES, so if some of us want to enjoy our quite neighbors present troubles please just let us get on with it.

P.s.think 4-0 tonight.

Just saw Allardyce on the BBC. He said he's going to copy Crystal Palace and make life extremely difficult for Man City.

abGaNaNanq.jpg

I'd like us to put the game out of sight in the first leg, I think 4-0 would be enough to quell an uprising back at the Boleyn. Alternatively 3-0 and a very early first goal in the second leg would have a similar effect. Going to be very hard to break through tonight though.

mancityvstoke said:
I remember asking some lads if we were in Playstow

PLARSTOW mate ....not fackin PLAYSTOW

Haha... you're dead right of course... Stupid cockneys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.