City Women - Champions and Continental Cup Winners 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
10th Sep last year... Should have put my money on it. Aside from Flint leaving obvs.
I reckon Flint could do a decent job up top. She's strong, and taller than Parris and Duggan. A different option. The game is still in that stage where not everyone is a prototype athlete, where City women are getting there. We should exploit that.

If Liverpool are reigning champs, I would foresee this team sweeping up next year.

Just to clarify, the crowd today was almost double the record for any women's club home crowd in this country.

Chelsea is buying the Kingsmeadow stadium to use for their academy/womens teams.. Sort of copying our blueprint.
Eventually they might rival our numbers.

Great afternoon at the Academy Stadium - we stood on the north end terrace but there were jobsworth stewards stopping us standing at the top/back for no reason they could explain - well done to the girls they shut Chelsea right out of the game

Just to clarify, the crowd today was almost double the record for any women's club home crowd in this country.
Which we held at around 2200 before today - 4000 was a "proper" crowd today, the girls deserved it!!!

Only in the WSL, Womens football was once a lot more popular, and according to Wikipedia the highest crowd ever is 53,000, for Preston's Dick Kerr's ladies V St Helens ladies at Goodison in the 1920's (just after it was last modernised I expect), with "thousands looked out". The FA subsequently banned women's football in 1921, until the end of the 60's.

w6r49t.jpg

i say!

Only in the WSL, Womens football was once a lot more popular, and according to Wikipedia the highest crowd ever is 53,000, for Preston's Dick Kerr's ladies V St Helens ladies at Goodison in the 1920's (just after it was last modernised I expect), with "thousands looked out". The FA subsequently banned women's football in 1921, until the end of the 60's.

The FA were scared it may rival the men's game after WWI crowds, women could still play but not in a ground which was covered by the FA.

They now preach about kick it out etc when they were they made discrimination the norm, and set women's football back around 100 years.

Manchester City Women Champions of England. You beauty!
Started steadily today but the passes soon started to flow. Worked very hard in defence and kept the pressure on, resulting in the own goal to kick us off. Didn't see much of the 2nd half but it sounds like we continued playing well and won a pen for a cool 2-0.
Will have to go for the whole team as wotm. They've been lovely to watch and pretty untouchable. Feels great to enjoy our 1st WSL title in just our 3rd year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.