Claiming tax back

Richard

Anyone any experience in getting tax back? Sent mine in about 10 weeks now and I have heard nothing since. Is there anyway of chasing it up etc. Was stuck on Basic Rate tax at my new job for quite abit so I am definitely due something back - in fact I actually worked out the amount for them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Richard said:
Anyone any experience in getting tax back? Sent mine in about 10 weeks now and I have heard nothing since. Is there anyway of chasing it up etc. Was stuck on Basic Rate tax at my new job for quite abit so I am definitely due something back - in fact I actually worked out the amount for them. Any advice would be appreciated.

It's a massive task I know of some people who have had the same problem and have had to ring them week after week till it becomes months asking if they have received it yet because that is what they keep saying " we have not received a letter from you yet blah blah" till one day it magical arrives like you have posted it from china and it got lost on the way.This is the reason I didn't do mine.

Thats the reason I hand delivered it to them. Still not a peep. The bastards.

Think Im going to have to go in.

Richard said:
Thats the reason I hand delivered it to them. Still not a peep. The bastards.

Think Im going to have to go in.

If its the Salford office it's probably the best thing to do just get on at them about it face to face because they take the piss if you just ring I think.

Was this for the tax year ended 5 April 2009? Do you complete a tax return or a repayment claim form (R40)?

I would two things

First, phone them up and get them to confirm that they have received your return and ask when you can expect the refund. If you gave them your bank details double check all is correct as if there is an error the repayment doesn’t arrive

Second, if you do fill in a return, register online at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hmrc.gov.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hmrc.gov.uk</a> , as it is easier to complete your return (for next year) and the repayment follows quicker. You can also view online your account position and if the return has been processed you can see if they agree with how much they owe you.

If you do speak with someone take there name and ask if you can call them back if there has been no action after a few days.

Hope this helps

You could try chasing it at your local tax office, my nearest one is in stockport. They are usuallly helpful.

Richard said:

Doesn't really matter how much you myther them , they won't take action until they're ready ..... then you'll hear!

I once put in for a tax rebate .... but it was months before i heard back and recieved cheque.

I had a load of hassle with my final self assessment as I went from SE to PAYE, I was told to just put in the figures from my P60, got a letter a couple of weeks later saying they owed me, rung em up and got a cheque a couple of days after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.