Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Love the Snake second to Purple for me.

Saw then early 80's at Donnington with AC/DC headlining.

Then you've probably seen this, Deep Purple at the BBC in 1970, Child in Time, utterly live, utterly brilliant.

The audience is stiff as fck tho, I don't think they had any notion they were watching the God's of Rock at play....

Then you've probably seen this, Deep Purple at the BBC in 1970, Child in Time, utterly live, utterly brilliant.

The audience is stiff as fck tho, I don't think they had any notion they were watching the God's of Rock at play....

Now Child In Time is my fav DP track ever with Child of Babylon leading the Snake pile and Stargazer (I know everyone says that one) on top of the rainbow.

Now Child In Time is my fav DP track ever with Child of Babylon leading the Snake pile and Stargazer (I know everyone says that one) on top of the rainbow.
Rainbow’s live Stargazer always sounded dreadful in comparison to the studio version, too thin. It would be in top 5 rock tracks for me.

As would Child in Time - incredible, my favourite Purple tune by a mile, especially Gillan’s performance. He clearly suffered - unsurprisingly- trying to recreate it in later years. I think @OB1 may know better than me, but I think they’d dropped it from the set list by the time they reached the Knebworth Fayre.

Rainbow’s live Stargazer always sounded dreadful in comparison to the studio version, too thin. It would be in top 5 rock tracks for me.

As would Child in Time - incredible, my favourite Purple tune by a mile, especially Gillan’s performance. He clearly suffered - unsurprisingly- trying to recreate it in later years. I think @OB1 may know better than me, but I think they’d dropped it from the set list by the time they reached the Knebworth Fayre.

Actually Child in Time is not a favourite of mine, guitar solo aside. They didn't play it at Knebworth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.