Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suspicion is that he didn't want to leave Barca. We wanted Ter Stegen, they wanted to keep a hold of him because of his age and potential, Ter Stegen more than likely kicked up a fuss about wanting to play more than just cup matches and so Barca were forced into a choice of losing one or the other.

He was adored there (probably still is) and that's where he really made a name for himself as being one of the best in the world, why would he want to leave?

Of course, it could easily be utter bollocks but it makes sense to me and could explain where his astonishing drop in confidence started.

For what it's worth, this move quite obviously hasn't worked out for anyone but I really think we dodged a bigger bullet with Ter Stegen.

Not often one person who professes to watch so much football is so wrong.

Hart is having a season to forget. Guessing you missed the England game today...

I believe he's made more errors leading directly to goals than any other player in europes top 5 leagues.

What ever pep achieves here this will go down as his worst ever mistake. Not so much buying bravo but for sticking with him as long as he did. Lets hope he sees sense and benches him for the cup games. At least lets salvage something from the seaon.

What ever pep achieves here this will go down as his worst ever mistake. Not so much buying bravo but for sticking with him as long as he did. Lets hope he sees sense and benches him for the cup games. At least lets salvage something from the seaon.
Until he gets rid of kompany and aguero and yaya and their replacements dont work out right away.

I doubt very much that pep drops him for wembley, you're flogging a dead horse IMO

Until he gets rid of kompany and aguero and yaya and their replacements dont work out right away.

I doubt very much that pep drops him for wembley, you're flogging a dead horse IMO
This is going to be an issue but an unavoidable one. Every rightminded supporter knows these players (barring possibly Kun, of course) need to be replaced for the club to progress but the players that come im may not perform at the level necessary immediately because of the positions they are playing and the boots they are filling. They could go on to have storied careers at City but some of the impatient or anti-Pep fans will have a meltdown after a few months and heap pressure on the players, Pep, and the club.

The transition is going to be difficult, gents, but we need to come together to support the cause and work.

My suspicion is that he didn't want to leave Barca. We wanted Ter Stegen, they wanted to keep a hold of him because of his age and potential, Ter Stegen more than likely kicked up a fuss about wanting to play more than just cup matches and so Barca were forced into a choice of losing one or the other.

He was adored there (probably still is) and that's where he really made a name for himself as being one of the best in the world, why would he want to leave?

Of course, it could easily be utter bollocks but it makes sense to me and could explain where his astonishing drop in confidence started.

For what it's worth, this move quite obviously hasn't worked out for anyone but I really think we dodged a bigger bullet with Ter Stegen.
I think that is one of a number of factors that has led us to this point. His head just isnt right. Thats not to say hes a weak character, all he evidence suggests otherwise. But you can never account for the psychology of the player. He is clearly miserable here and although i would hope he wants to stick it out and fight, its probably best for boh parties to cut loose now. A real shame, cos if we signed the keeper from barca and chile, we would be in a very different position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.