Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo successfully distributed the ball from his feet in open play 552/635(83 unsuccessful) times whilst Joe was successful 247/441(194 unsuccessful) times.

Overall Hart was the 8th best distributor of the ball in the premier league whilst Bravo was no1 in the world

And no premier league experience,getting rid of joe makes zero sense

Wouldn't think that would be much of an issue. The Keeper is going to have to play Pep's style. Theoretically it should be easier on Bravo to step into that than Hart.

Wouldn't think that would be much of an issue. The Keeper is going to have to play Pep's style. Theoretically it should be easier on Bravo to step into that than Hart.
De Gea was terrible his first year here and we know about willy,both great before,Pep is not on the field with an unfamiliar back 4 in front of him,it's a risk we just don't need to take until we see what joe can do

I struggle with your description of him being WC when you admit he is not excellent on the ball. If Pep is looking to replace him, that should tell you he isn't WC.

Don't get me wrong, Joe is a fantastic keeper, but IMO he is not WC. Maybe pep can iron out those flaws he has.
A keeper need not be excellent with the ball at his feet to be world class.

Take for example, de Gea. Absolutely world class for me. Top 4 for sure, maybe better.

But de Gea is awful with the ball at his feet and his distribution is so-so. Hart is better with the ball at his feet and as of the past year and 1/2 or so, is at least as good at de Gea with distribution.

Is there any news on Bravo or its just people fighting over Joe vs Bravo. I believed it is a transfer thread ??

I remember him being class in the 2014 WC for Chile, watch Barca games now and again but can't honestly say I see him get tested a lot.

Bravo successfully distributed the ball from his feet in open play 552/635(83 unsuccessful) times whilst Joe was successful 247/441(194 unsuccessful) times.

Overall Hart was the 8th best distributor of the ball in the premier league whilst Bravo was no1 in the world
This is probably hyperbole - but... - I've heard that Bravo is Barca's best player on the ball in terms of passing under pressure - better than Messi or Inesta.

Frankly I don't believe this... but yeah... Bravo is an amazing passer.

A keeper need not be excellent with the ball at his feet to be world class.

Take for example, de Gea. Absolutely world class for me. Top 4 for sure, maybe better.

But de Gea is awful with the ball at his feet and his distribution is so-so. Hart is better with the ball at his feet and as of the past year and 1/2 or so, is at least as good at de Gea with distribution.

I have no probs if that is your definition.

For me, for someone to be truly WC, they should excel in all aspects of their position.
For a keeper, I would suggest these would include and others may have a differing list

Shot stopping
Command of box
Saving (obviously)
Strong in either direction
Ball control
Catching
Communication
Distribution

I don't see Joe in excelling in all of these so, in my mind, I could not rank him as WC but see why others might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.