Claudio Echeverri

Status
Not open for further replies.
burn-hood.gif
¿New Orleans o Chicago?

Initially I wasn't quite getting the hype. Looked like a very good talent but not a world class one. However, I watched the first half of rosario - river plate match and he looked class above others at 18 years old. Obviously he has excellent ball control, dribbling, passing etc. but also, his footballing IQ seems to be at a high level. He makes right decisions and he looks like a player that will improve when playing along City players who play at the same pace as he does. Sometimes he made a fast line breaking pass and expected the ball back but his team mates weren't quite on the same wave length / or their touch let them down. Also, looks ready in terms of work rate, aggressiveness, confidence, determination. It also looked like at times he was the one orchestrating the play and pointing his team mates where to pass and run. Of course, he's been captain in different age groups.

I have to say I'm suddenly much more excited about him and I could see him coming to City first team in the next 18 months and making an instant impact as a second striker / attacking midfielder. We have to remember that Foden was making an impact already at 19/20 years old. Same for Lewis, so there is no reason why Echeverri who is seen as a generational talent couldn't make an impact at 19/20 years old.

Heard this is now all official and signed. May not be announced until later on the window, but it's done. Was a slight delay due to some agent complications but we've got him. Will stay at River for a minimum six months and then they'll assess from there.
What’s your take on this lad twosips,any idea if he’ll be coming over eventually or going out on loan ?

Heard this is now all official and signed. May not be announced until later on the window, but it's done. Was a slight delay due to some agent complications but we've got him. Will stay at River for a minimum six months and then they'll assess from there.

ezgif.com-crop.gif

What’s your take on this lad twosips,any idea if he’ll be coming over eventually or going out on loan ?

The Argies on Reddit and Twitter think he’s their most talented young player by far.

But they also think he’s a bit too big for his boots and were surprised Demichelis wanted him back for a year.

They compare him to Alvarez, who stayed until he was 22 and lead them to big successes, while this kid made it clear he was leaving as soon as a big European club came knocking before he even turned 18.

And they’re really upset the fee is so low. €15m + 9 in add ons is peanuts when Brazil are getting 40-60m for their big prospects now. For whatever reason Argentina are really lagging behind and it’s hurting them in the libertadores where Brazil have won 5 in a row with 8/10 finalists in those finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.