Closing Ceremony

Night, all. It's been nice knowing you. Still wondering where they managed to rehearse the last 3 hours. Well done, London. That was a really great performance for the whole two weeks. Proud doesn't begin to describe it. Let the flag fly high.

MikeF said:
strongbowholic said:
The one vignette that got me was of a lady judo-ist (think it was judo) in slow-mo having won looking up to the heavens mouthing "I love you mum"

cos she lost her mum to cancer at age 17 from what i read in the paper the other day
Figured it must have been something bad like that and was a real "think I must have got summat in my eye" moment.

another generation said:
Night, all. It's been nice knowing you. Still wondering where they managed to rehearse the last 3 hours. Well done, London. That was a really great performance for the whole two weeks. Proud doesn't begin to describe it. Let the flag fly high.
They rehearsed that? You could have fooled me!

Strangely sad thats its all over. Remember winning the olympics listening to a radio at work and a big cheer. Remember the next day as all Britons will. Remember the hand over at Beijing.
7 Years of my life from 20 to 27, growing up everything was about these 2 weeks and then they finally came and were amazing in so many ways. Now they are gone it feels weird like something will be missing.
Anyway an amazing 2 weeks, shown the world we can still achieve something as a country and do it well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.