Club statement regarding Barry Bennell's conviction

For those who consider my post to be hysterical all I can say is this is a lot closer to home for some than others.

I could post a hell of a lot more here but I wont as I would be seen as hysterical.

That's how cover ups work.
What 'cover up'?

Anyone know who to contact at the Club about this? Phone number/email?

PMs welcomed.

In the statement they said to use safeatcity@cityfootball.com

If you'd rather talk to someone than email I'm sure you could use the email to ask for a number.

Manchester City and the Review Team remain keen to speak to any survivor of, or witness to sexual abuse which might in any way be connected to Manchester City or which could support the ongoing enquiry. Anyone wishing to contact the Club with such information can do so by contacting safeatcity@cityfootball.com.

All such approaches will be treated with the utmost sensitivity and discretion.

This is from an age where kids were still “seen and not heard” and just either ignored, or accused of “fantasy” everybody of a similar age to the victims, know someone who has been a victim of some kind of abuse from those in a position of power.
I was physically assaulted by a teacher on several occasions, ritually humiliated in front of my classmates, and I count myself as being lucky. My younger sister was invited back for “extra lessons “at a deputy heads house, my parents thankfully refused, said teacher was a child abuser, and served time.
My brother is good friends with one of Bennell’s victims, and featured in the Dispatches doc tonight, he is a wreck at the moment.
This is the tip of the iceberg, and a sad indictment of that era, I hope the shit truly hits the fan.
Sorry to hear about the troubles in your childhood. Sad to say, it’s not too dissimilar to my own experiences and probably thousands of other kids.

Perhaps they should dump the experienced lawyer and QC heading their extensive investigation and get you in instead. It'd save a lot of time & money.

Thanks fur the response.

I'm saying I think city have a moral duty to act irrespective of the legal position.

Lots of posters are telling us city at doing exactly the right thing having a qc and an inquiry, including you. Well, I haven't seen the brief so don't know whether it is aimed at making sure city are implicated as little as possible or if it is aimed at leaving no stone unturned. One is a damage limitation exercise (like the Kelly death or early Hillsborough inquiries), the other is what I hope we are planning to do.

Thanks fur the response.

I'm saying I think city have a moral duty to act irrespective of the legal position.

Lots of posters are telling us city at doing exactly the right thing having a qc and an inquiry, including you. Well, I haven't seen the brief so don't know whether it is aimed at making sure city are implicated as little as possible or if it is aimed at leaving no stone unturned. One is a damage limitation exercise (like the Kelly death or early Hillsborough inquiries), the other is what I hope we are planning to do.

Your last half of your last sentence is what is happening.

Thanks fur the response.

By all reports it’s the latter. I trust our owners to do the right thing both morally and legally.

For those who consider my post to be hysterical all I can say is this is a lot closer to home for some than others.

I could post a hell of a lot more here but I wont as I would be seen as hysterical.

I trust you have given all information you can go the clubs investogation if you know anything that may help.

In one post you state something like City's reputation is sullied for eternity . That's one reason posters think you are being hysterical . Not as much focus is on Crewe where the biggest damage was done, I believe Bennell was there for 7 years . Our owners are approaching this the right way, paedophilia was covered up back in the day, social media and the internet were not there to share information as we can do now. These victims would have been scared to report the abuse and probably never discussed it with other victims or family. Its not inconceivable the heirachy at City even knew about the rumours, we shall have to wait and see. As for Crewe, the rumours about their management team were rife in the lower leagues. I was told about this in the early eighties from the brother of a high profile footballer and from a mate who was friends with an ex Rag who had played in the lower leagues (not David Platt).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.