Club statement regarding Barry Bennell's conviction

Only caught the end of the item on Granada (1st story), a real hatchet job. Talking head outside Etihad, even though the action was in court.

The solicitor stating bannell was employed by us, we had defended the case against the claimants, real shit stirring imo. They did read out the club statement reiterating that we had offered to settle. Context is everything, no winners in a horrible case like this.

Only caught the end of the item on Granada (1st story), a real hatchet job. Talking head outside Etihad, even though the action was in court.

The solicitor stating bannell was employed by us, we had defended the case against the claimants, real shit stirring imo. They did read out the club statement reiterating that we had offered to settle. Context is everything, no winners in a horrible case like this.
No winners. See if you can find out how much the solicitors and barristers got paid then you will know who the winners are.

Its worth reading the judgement in full. It deals with all aspects thoroughly (acknowledging nevertheless that some potential evidence of fact is no longer available due to the passage of time, and the deaths of people there at the time so to speak).
The legal reasoning is comprehensive and I think correct. Talk of appeal is questionable as the judge would have to be found to have erred in law on both the time limit aspect, and the employer employee relationship.
There should be no media spin in a case such as this.
The claimants are tragic victims of awful abuse perpetrated by Bennell.
No one else.

I have pondered this discussion all afternoon. An issue that has affected me personally, or should I say my wife. A Catholic priest. There are so many angles that the offended party can consider and so many options that can be taken. Not least of all, advice from family which believe me, does not always follow rational thought at various levels. The only thing I would say it is that it is so wrong, if it has affected you try to deal with it in whatever way you feel best.For me personally not an issue for Bluemoon.Just too painful on a site that is an expression of joy.And yes, that includes the shit years.

I'm not going to give an opinion on this difficult subject as I don't understand the details, but I wanted to bring it to attention that the BBC seem to have gone back and decided bennell was a city scout after all.

Poor wording and imagine the club will be after then for this, unless I'm misunderstanding? In the first line of this reaction article, they specifically say "while he (Bennell) was a scout at the football club".

Exactly what the judge had ruled today was not the case, I though at least, but the BBC state that he was an employee at the time but the judge decided city could not be held legally responsible?

A man who sued Manchester City for being abused by paedophile Barry Bennell while he was a scout at the football club has said losing the case has left him "baffled".

BBC News - Barry Bennell: Victim who sued Man City 'baffled' by abuse ruling

I can't wait for the Echo's version of events.
Seems these poor fellows were particularly badly advised by their own advocates in this matter.
I would imagine an appeal would also be hugely costly and would seemingly require an error in the judges application of the law to be successful.
The judgement seems to be laid out quite clearly so am unsure why the abused person in the report is baffled by the outcome. No winners here though. Only the wicked deeds of that horrible nonce twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.